Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Psalm 121 Mystery Monday Stamping Card

I've been following Sharon Armstrong's Mystery Monday stamping for a couple months now, and I really enjoy looking at the cards participants post in her FB group each week, but until last night, I had never participated myself. I kept meaning to do it and then not having my supplies ready on Monday night. The way it works is that Sharon gives "clues" each week in an email on Sunday so participants can cut the pieces needed for the mystery card and gather any supplies for assembling the card. Then on Monday night at 8 pm EST, she reveals the rest of the clues so participants can make a card together using all the papers and supplies listed on the first clue.

I chose my card stock and pattern papers and cut them according to the measurements given in Sharon's Sunday's email and then followed the clues during the Mystery Monday Youtube live last night. I wanted to make a card for a friend dealing with chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis, so I chose a pretty floral theme and fitting sentiments. While I did follow Sharon's instructions for the card front, I wound up cutting the A2 card base in half and adhering it to a larger piece of patterned paper and then adhering all those layers to a 5X7 card base. That allowed me to bring in a few more layers and have room for the large magnolia flower I stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder and then colored with my Ohuhu Honolu markers. The magnolia stamp and the "Wishing you well" sentiment are from the Hero Arts Florals Magnolia stamp set. There is a matching die to die cut the magnolia flower, but since I don't have that, I just fussy cut the flower. I adhered it to the card with foam tape. Then I added some pale gold Nuvo drops on the sentiment panel. The panel behind the floral pattern papers was embossed to add a bit more texture and dimension. 

For the inside of the card, I stenciled a Papertrey Ink floral pattern onto some white card stock using yellow ink and then stenciled a Crafter's Companion mini stencil using pink ink to the center of the panel. I really like the depth of the double stenciling. Then I stamped Verve's word art of Psalm 121:1-2: "I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord." What a good reminder in challenging times to look to the Lord for help! He truly is our source of help and comfort. 

I die cut the center section with the scripture verse and then popped that part up on foam tape while using Art Glitter glue to adhere the frame around it. The die I used has stitching both inside and outside the cut line, so I thought that extra detail would work well here. To finish off the inside, I die cut two butterflies using Spellbinders dies and added some pearls to them. 


Close up of the sentiment:


Close up of the magnolia flower:


View of the card when opened:


View of the double stenciled panel:


Close up of the verse:




Challenges I'm entering: 

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: May 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: Dance of the Flowers (ends 6/4/23) I used the Hero Arts Florals Magnolia stamp set 

Stamping Sensations: ATG with option to add stenciling (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: ATG with option "In the Garden" (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge:      (2/6; ends at June 14)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Tic Tac Toe (I have the bottom row: bling-pearls on the butterflies, butterflies, and pattern paper) (4/4; ends at the end of the month)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Fun folds and/or summer fun (5/5; ends at the end of the month)

Let's Craft and Create (letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (5/5; ends at the end of the month)


Allsorts challenge blog: Embellish it (2/3; ends 5/18/23)

 613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist "Say it with flowers" (3/3; ends at the end of the month)


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 5/18/23)

The Paper Shelter: Add texture (I embossed the magnolia flower with gold embossing powder and used an embossing folder) (2/2; ends 5/17/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option to emboss it (I embossed my magnolia flower stamp and used an embossing folder) (2/6; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 5/24/23)


Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder and the optional theme of florals (2/3; ends 5/24/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Stencil it (1/5; ends 5/17/23)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils, option of Flowers (1/3; ends June 3) I hope it's ok to have the stenciled work on the inside of the card. Please delete my entry if not. 

Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Add a sentiment (unlimited entries; ends 5/23/23)



44 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card for your friend, love the Magnolia and the design, there is a lot of work behind your layering. Love the double stencilled inside too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for sharing your pretty creation at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fun Monday evening! I'll have to check out the Mystery Monday next week. Your card is lovely and such a thoughtful gesture for your friend. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I think Sharon is on vacation until June 5, but be sure to give it a try. I think you'll enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. I'm popping back in to say thanks for sharing at the Paper Funday Challenge too!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to assemble a card-it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and love the die-cut flowers.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely creation, Carrie, and the interior is just as beautiful! Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Happy Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card and I'm sure your friend will absolutely love it! The magnolia flower is gorgeous and I love all the layers you've added to your card as well as the stencilled panel inside! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge this week! Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layers and details in this design. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. I love that flower on the front of the card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas this May for our Tic Tac Toe game.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card Carrie. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. I really like the papers and layout you've used. The inside looks fab too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful inspirational card Carrie, I'm sure your friend will be comforted by it and the love you went into making it! Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 The Avenue Create, we are blessed you came to play on our street!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, great layering and details
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete


  19. Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let’s Craft and Create :)Ines DT
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
    https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

    Liked by 1 person

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such pretty colors! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete