Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Graduation Cap Card

It's graduation season, and I've been working on a few different graduation cards recently. This set of 3 graduation cards uses a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette Design Store. I chose green and white card stock since those are the school colors for the 3 graduates to whom I'll be giving these cards. I cut all the pieces for the card base, mat, and cap/tassel using my Silhouette Cameo 4. After sizing up the digi stamp, I did a print and cut of the Gerda Steiner Designs graduation owl for each card and colored the owls using my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers. I die cut the word "Congrats" using a Hero Arts stamp and die set and stamped the "on your graduation" words from the same set. 







 Challenges I'm entering: 

Play along in our SYD Challenge - May 2023 - Gerda Steiner Designs, LLC (gsd-stamps.com): ATG with a Gerda Steiner stamp (ends at the end of the month)

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #58 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold card (Debbie, it looks like we were both thinking of graduation cards this time!) (ends June 9)

http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/2023/05/challenge-295-anything-goes.html?m=1: ATG C10

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends June 12)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends June 9)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends June 9)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist to add flowers (1/3; ends June 1)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends June 7)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: add a sentiment (2/5; ends May 1)

10 comments:

  1. Such a great card! I really like the idea so much! Thank. you so much for playing along in our Challenge at gsd-stamps.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gerda! I love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Carrie, I love how you used Gerda's owl. Your fun fold is adorable! Thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love these Graduation caps and thanks for sharing at crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Carrie, this grad card is adorable! Love the fold and the owl is so cute! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I appreciate all your encouraging comments on my blog!

      Delete
  6. That's one adorable Owl! Thank you for sharing and thank you for playing along with Creative Creases #58

    ReplyDelete