Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Song of Solomon Pop-up Squares Card

I recently purchased a file from the Silhouette Design Store called "Card Kit Pop Up Squares 5X5" and was excited to give it a try to create a wedding card and an anniversary card. The "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" word art from Song of Solomon was also purchased in the Silhouette Design Store. I thought it would be perfect for these marriage/anniversary/romantic love-themed cards 😀. 

I have learned with new fun-fold card designs to create a template first, and I always use scrap paper or card stock I want to use up for the template, and then I keep the template with a sticky note on which I write the name of the card. This is so helpful! I like to look through my previous card templates to see the how the sizing looks and what stamps or dies will fit on the various parts of the card. If you make a lot of fun fold cards, how do you keep track of the designs? I'd love to hear your ways to organize them!

To begin making the cards (once I had finished my template), I chose a floral pattern paper and then looked for card stock in colors that would match the elements in the floral pattern. Then I created the card base and the inside pieces and glued all the pieces together. This card has a lot of layers, so I'm sending the wedding card in one of my padded envelopes and will pay the extra postage so it gets there in good shape. The anniversary card is for my best friend and her husband, so I can hand deliver that one.

The cards are very similar, and I used Hero Arts' Hero Florals Magnolia and Hero Florals Tulips for the flowers (the magnolias were embossed with gold embossing powder). I colored the flowers using my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol markers and then fussy cut them. The sentiments (except for the verse from Song of Solomon and the word "anniversary") were also from Hero Arts sets: Blessings Stamp & Cut, Prayers Stamp & Cut, and Congrats & Happy Stamp & Cut. These sets have sentiments to cover a great variety of occasions! 

For the anniversary card, I die cut the word "blessings" out of the same light teal card stock I used for the card base and adhered it to the card front. I didn't think it showed up that well, so then I decided to die cut the word out of yellow adhesive-backed foam, and I offset it just a little to give it a shadow effect. I die cut 2 butterflies using SU! Butterfly Brilliance dies (thank you, Debbie Mageed! That set has been so handy!) and added some pearls to their bodies to embellish them. 

For the wedding card, I made a small panel using Hero Arts' Daisy Mosaic stencil and Prom Queen color lunar paste. You can't tell in the picture, but the lunar paste creates a really pretty shine and adds some cool texture. I definitely plan to make some bigger panels using that stencil and more lunar paste in the future!

A view of the anniversary card front and the inside of the wedding card:


A view of the wedding card front (you can see the stenciling with lunar paste in the lower left corner) and the inside of the anniversary card:




Close up of the anniversary card front:



Iniside views:



Close up of the wedding card front:


Inside views:





Challenges I'm entering:

https://heroarts.com/blogs/hero-arts-blog/stay-crafty-with-a-blog-named-hero-may-2023-challenge: Dance of the Flowers (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month) Hero Arts products used in this card:  Hero Arts' Congrats and Happy Stamp & Cut, Blessings Stamp & Cut, Prayers Stamp & Cut, Daisy Mosaic Stencil, Hero Florals Magnolia, and Hero Florals Tulips

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): Bingo: middle row vertically: die cuts, image, and sentiment (2/5; ends June 5) C10

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #58 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends June 9)


Allsorts challenge blog: Week 730: ATG with option to use a stencil (2/3; ends June 2)


Art Impressions Blog (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Fabulous Flowers (1/2; ends June 6)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option to add flowers (ends 5/31/23)

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): I have banana, briar rose, and baby blue colors in my cards as well as butterflies

No more challenges






 

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Carrie! Wow, the elements of this card are fantastic. Love it all! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, very inspirational, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thank you for playing at CCC and PIP.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, welcome again this week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the surprise inside. Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome card! I love this fold and the flowers! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card shape make s a stunning card and both are super. Love the colours. I store all my card shapes on my Butterfly bog . There is a seperate page for them all. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! You have a lovely collection of fun fold card designs on your blog, and that's a great way to keep track of them. I may have to look into having a section of my blog dedicated to something like that to keep everything organized. I also like having a physical template to look at when I'm trying to figure out what stamps or dies will fit on a particular card shape.

    ReplyDelete