Tuesday, May 30, 2023

You're The Tops Slimline Stepper Graduation Card

 A young woman I once taught my first year as a Bible Study Fellowship Children's Leader is now graduating from high school, and I wanted to make her a very special card. I taught her starting when she was in first grade and then had her in several other BSF School Program classes as the years went on. Now she's grown into a young lady who is beautiful on the inside and the outside and who radiates Jesus' love to everyone around her. 

For the card base, I used a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette Design Store and modified it slightly so that I had an extra base for the back of the card on which to do a print and cut of the graduate's life verse that she had printed on her graduation party invitations. Hebrews 10:23 is such a wonderful verse at any stage of life: Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. I added a blue mat behind the verse since her school colors are navy blue and white. It's hard to tell in the photo, but the card base is navy blue. Then I used black for the graduation caps and the "You're the tops" sentiment. I adhered all the various layers to the different sections of the card and used foam tape to add dimension to the 4 caps that stand out from the graduation cap border toward the front of the card. 


Close up of the layers:





Challenges I'm entering:

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #58 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold card (Debbie, it looks like we were both thinking of graduation cards this time!) (ends June 9)

http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/2023/05/challenge-295-anything-goes.html?m=1: ATG C10

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sun, Moon, and Stars (I have a star banner) (1/5; ends June 5)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends June 12)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends June 9)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends June 9)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist to add flowers (2/3; ends June 1)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends June 7)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: add a sentiment (1/5; ends May 1)

8 comments:

  1. Carrie, great fun fold. I hope your student goes on to be a leader in BSF. Thank you for playing at CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Isabelle becomes a BSF leader in the future! Her mom has been a GL for years!

      Delete
  2. Great work love the pop of yellow and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful box card, Carrie! You don't give dimensions, but I really like the "slimline" look! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, yes, it is a slimline card base. I liked the idea of a slimline box card! It lets me add so many details!

      Delete
  4. Great idea... Slimline Stepper. I've never seen one before. Love yours. Thank you for sharing and thank you for playing along with Creative Creases #58

    ReplyDelete