Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Hero Arts Front Z Flap Graduation Card

I'm still catching up on graduation cards, and this one is for my best friend's daughter who graduated from Cornerstone University with a degree in social work. She already has a job lined up in her field and is very excited to begin this new chapter.

I chose some floral card stock for the Z Flap card base that matched the graduation hats and flowers digital pattern paper I wanted to use for the card. I also found some card stock in my stash that had small stars on it and was the right color to match the card base. I used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut out the pieces for the card base and all the mats, and then I did some die cutting and stamping to decorate the card. 

For the smaller flap on the outside of the card, I die cut Hero Arts Stacked Books Fancy Die and trimmed the bottom few books off of it so it would fit my panel. Then I stamped the cute little graduation bookworm from the Hero Arts Bookworm Messages stamp set. I also stamped some of the sentiments from that set to decorate the panel.
 
For the inside of the small z fold, I stamped "Congrats! Enjoy your new chapter!" from the Hero Arts Literally the Best stamp set. I adhered the z fold to the inside of the card and then worked on the flap on the right side of the card.

For the flap that goes just behind the z fold, I used black card stock to mat the graduation hats and flowers digital paper and then die cut the library card pocket and stamped the library card and the "Check you out!" sentiment from Hero Arts' Library Card Stamp & Cut set. Then I die cut the word "Congrats" from Hero Arts' Congrats and Happy Stamp & Cut set. I adhered this panel to the fold at the right side of the card. 

To finish the card, I stamped the sentiments I had used from the Bookworm Messages stamp set to decorate the inner panel on the far right side. 












Challenges I'm entering:

https://heroarts.com/blogs/hero-arts-blog/stay-crafty-with-a-blog-named-hero-may-2023-challenge: Dance of the Flowers (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month) Hero Arts products used in this card: Hero Arts Bookworm Messages, Hero Arts Literally the Best, Hero Arts' Library Card Stamp & Cut, Hero Arts' Congrats and Happy Stamp & Cut

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): Bingo: middle row vertically: die cuts, image (my little bookworm), and sentiment (1/5; ends June 5) C10

Dream Valley Challenges: ATG (3/3; ends June 10)  C10

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #58 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends June 9)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Sun, moon, and stars (I used a pattern paper with stars on it) (2/5; ends June 5)


Allsorts challenge blog: Week 730: ATG with option to use a stencil (1/3; ends June 2)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge)







 

10 comments:

  1. Carrie, this card is such a wonderful grad card! The papers you used are so great!! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. Love the fun fold technique. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Z fold. Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, this is wonderful. I love the stamped sayings and the library card. Very nostalgic for me. Thanks for playing at CCC and PIP!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie.... such a great card. So unique. Thank you for sharing and thank you for playing along with Creative Creases #58

    ReplyDelete