Thursday, May 4, 2023

Isaiah 40:8 Screen Card With Wisteria Wishes Bundle

I recently set a goal to use all the SU! bundles I have purchased since last September when I began using their stamps and dies, so this week I chose Wisteria Wishes and began making some cards using that bundle. It's a beautiful set with layered stamps and dies that I just love. 

I chose a screen card design so I could have several wisteria groupings hanging down from the top. I used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut out the card base using a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store. After cutting the light blue card stock for the base using my Cameo, I then ran the card base through my eBosser using SU!'s stitched greenery die. The die imprints a stitched background but doesn't cut out an outline, so I was able to just move move the die around to cover all four panels of the screen card. Then I did some ink blending with three different colors of blue ink to make a nice sky background on the 4 panels. 

I die cut some green patterned card stock to make the branches/leaves, and then I die cut several layers of wisteria die cuts out of white card stock. There's a larger layer for the back and a smaller layer for the top of the wisteria bunches, and I die cut multiple layers of both so that I would end up with a lot of dimension to the flowers. I used my blending brushes to blend purple ink on the layers that would show after I adhered all the layers together. I used Art Glitter liquid glue to adhere all the flower layers together and used it to adhere the branches and flowers to the screen card base. For the sentiment panel, I stamped the green branch and purple two-step wisteria stamps from the SU! bundle and then stamped the verse from Isaiah over the bottom of the flowers using black Memento ink. I did a little fussy cutting and then used foam tape to adhere that part to the screen card base. The verse is a favorite of mine: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth, but the word of our God stand forever. --Isaiah 40:8 (King James Version). I'm sorry I don't recall where I purchased the stamp from. 

To finish the card, I added a couple Spellbinders butterfly die cuts to the first and last panels. 



First panel:


Last panel:


Middle panels:


Close up of the verse:


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): I used sea green and straw yellow and included butterflies (2/3; ends 5/9/23)



Allsorts challenge blog: ATG (2/3; ends 5/5/23)


As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Spring or Summer. Wow! Tough choice! I love both seasons, but I think I like summer best because I don't have as many commitments in the summer time and can enjoy gardening, traveling, and picking sweet cherries (my favorite fruit!) (2/3; ends 5/18/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of embossing (2/6; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 5/10/23)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of add another thing--I added 3 butterflies (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Tic Tac Toe (bling--pearls on the butterflies, butterflies, and patterned paper--bottom row) (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Fun folds and/or summer fun (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (2/5; ends at the end of the month)




 

24 comments:

  1. A really pretty colour palette for your cabinet card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and using the feminine option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I have never made this fun fold and it's been around for so long. The Wisteria is perfect for it. Your ink blending is perfect. Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge and I think I'll give the screen fold a try. I'll just have to figure out what stamp set to use because I didn't get the Wisteria Wishes stamp set.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! And it's such a versatile card style. You could decorate the screens with any set really.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Screen Fold and Wisteria die cuts! Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is awesome. I love the texture on the background and the colour palette is wonderful. A very elegant design. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I love the purple flowers against that sky blue background. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful screen card, Carrie! I love how you used it with the wisteria bundle! I know you will enjoy using this one again. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! I’ve made several cards with the Wisteria Wishes bundle over the last few days and have ideas for several more. It’s such a versatile set with those wisteria turning into trees when upside down!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous card ..love the use of wiestria flowers .. love the design of the card .
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made a screen card in a long while. I love your wisteria hanging down. We have several houses in the next village along from us that have wisteria hanging all all over their front walls and windows. It always looks so pretty when we drive through. Thankyou for coming and playing again in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a pretty picture you’ve painted of the wisteria in the next village!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful design and so appropriate for the wisteria. Just lovely. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas this May for our Tic Tac Toe game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card. Gorgeous wisteria flowers. Thank you again for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!!! thank you for participating with us in the Rabisco Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card. Great design to show off the pretty wisteria.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete