Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Habakkuk 2:14 Napkin Fold Card

This week's card for the shut ins I send happy mail to features a design I saw on Connie Stewart's Simply Stamping blog here: How To Make A Napkin Fold Card AND Make It Stand (simplysimplestamping.com). I've made napkin fold cards before, but what I liked about Connie's version is that it's attached to a card base with a stand in the back so it can be displayed. 

I recently purchased the SU! whale punch to be able to punch out the whale stamp that's part of the Whale Done stamp set I won as a prize from Debbie Mageed over at the Creative Creases challenge awhile back, so when I came across a verse in my study of Habukkuk in BSF this week that had a sea theme, I decided to create a sea-themed card featuring the verse and using the stamps and punch from that SU! set. I had some cute double-sided card stock with ocean animals and seashells on one side and darling little crabs on the other that seemed perfect for this card set. I created a cut file from the measurements for the card base and stand from Connie's post using my Silhouette Studio design software and then used a napkin fold card cut file from Sabine Harris for the napkin fold part of the card. Sabine's original napkin fold card file was quite a bit larger than what I needed to fit on the card base from Connie's post, so I resized it to just under 6 inches and could then fit 4 of them on one sheet of 12x12 card stock using my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut them out. If you'd like to use Sabine's napkin fold card file in a card of your own, she's generously shared it in the files section of the FB group Silhouette Card Making and Paper Crafts. 

For the inner card, I stamped some coral and seaweed and then did some ink blending with my blending brushes to create an ocean background. Next time I'll blend the background first and then stamp, but I didn't think of it until after I'd stamped them all and realized the background needed something more. Finally, I stamped a whale and punched him out and adhered him with foam tape to the little ocean scene on the top flap. The flap opens up to reveal the verse from Habakkuk 2:14: "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." What a beautiful promise! I added a tiny school of fish and a shell using SU! stamps to decorate around the verse. 



Here's a look at the set of cards I made:


Close up of the cards with the both sides of the double-sided card stock used: 




This is what they look like when I'm holding the napkin fold part closed with the corners tucked into the fold:



Partly open with corners untucked:




Open all the way with the scene on the flap in view:


Close up of the ocean scene:



View of the inner verse from Habbukuk:






Close up of the verse:




Back of the cards showing the stand pieces:





Challenges I'm entering:



Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 5/5/23)


Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of animals (I have a whale and some fish) (1/3; ends 4/28/23)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of using a stencil (ends 4/30/23)


Stamping Sensations (sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with stamping and option of CAS (2/3; ends 4/30/23)


We Love Stamping: ATG with stamping and option of birds or animals (I have whale and fish stamps in my project) (2/3; ends 5/3/23)


The Paper Shelter: This Beautiful Earth--I have an ocean scene (1/2; ends 5/2/23)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends 5/3/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist of flower power (3/6; ends 4/30/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; ends 5/10/23)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends 4/27/23) DT Favorite winner 5/28/23


Crafty Animals: ATG with animals (ends 4/30/23)

Let's Craft and Create (letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com): ATG with option of pink and gray (2/3; ends 4/30/23)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Woman of the Year (ends 4/30/23)










 

34 comments:

  1. What a fabulous fold on these cards and great papers too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Carrie, that's a fantastic fold! You put in a lot of work on those cards. Delightful paper choices, too. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fascinating fold with a beautiful centrepiece Carrie.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at We Love Stamping, and using the optional theme
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and wonderful folds. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a fascinating fancy fold and you've created a sweet set of cards using it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and sharing your lovely project.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! Your kind words are always appreciated!

      Delete
  6. Amazing origami fold Carrie! Love the surprise inside. Thank you so much for entering your creation in the Creative Creases Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rae! CC always provides great inspiration for me!

      Delete
  7. Such a wonderful fun fold card, Carrie! The folds that make the surprise inside are so great! I did something similar years ago but should give it another try. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heart, Carrie. The folds turned out terrific. What a lovely set you've created. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful art and your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. I really can't even tell you in words how grateful I am to have you (all) share your wonderful creativity with us. God has given us such a beautiful gift through art. It helps us express ourselves, our mood sometimes, it's just such a blessing in our lives. I sure do appreciate yours and I thank you again for playing along with us at WAW.
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for taking time to share such sweet words on my blog post. I appreciate you and love to participate in WAW!

      Delete
  9. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! I LOVE fun folds cards. I haven’t seen this type before. It’s fabulous! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment, Wendy!

      Delete
  11. I love this fold! It is one of my favorite fun folds! I was looking at a card I did almost ten years ago and thinking that I should return to this oldie! Your awesome projects are both confirmation and inspiration!

    Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chana! I hope you have fun creating a napkin fold card of your own!

      Delete
  12. Amazing work! Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. The folds on this are so cool! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun interactive card Cassie. I like that you added a stand to the back of it too. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - I have never tried this - it is so fun. Thanks so very much for us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are lovely, Carrie. Fun folds and beautiful papers. Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter.
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT

    ReplyDelete