Friday, November 10, 2023

Inside-Out Stepper Card

I love fun fold cards, so I really enjoy being a guest designer over at Creative Creases Challenge. It’s time for Challenge #70 , and I chose this Inside-Out Stepper Card from Sam Calcott's YouTube channel as the inspiration for this card. Here's a link to the instructions in case you'd like to create one as well: TRY THIS Inside-out Stepper Card!!! - YouTube. If you make it or any other fun-fold project, be sure to join us over at Creative Creases. Here’s the link to challenge #70: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bck

Since I already had a stepper card cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio library, I just had to cut two of them and then design the panels to cover the card sections. Then I chose my pattern paper and cut everything out using my Cameo 4. When I had the two white card bases and all the pattern paper pieces cut out, I adhered them together the way Sam showed in her video tutorial. Then I set about decorating the card and die cutting the butterflies, lace, and sunflower. After adding all the panels and embellishments, I used my Sizzix stamp and stencil platform to stamp the 2 sentiments: "For a feeling better kind of day" from SU! and "Love and hugs" from CTMH using Spectrum Noir's Rose Gold ink. (You can't really see it in the photos, but the ink has a beautiful shine to it.) One advantage of the Sizzix platform over my MISTI is that it doesn't have edges on the sides, so I can put any size card on it to stamp. The sticky mat is also better at holding card stock in place than the magnets in the MISTI in my opinion.

I really like this card design and plan to use it again soon for a card to send my group of shut ins from church. I think they'll enjoy it! 

Front view with all panels extended:


Front view with side panels folded back:


Close ups:




Top view:



With the panels folded to lay flat for mailing:


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): ATG with birds, butterflies, and/or blooms (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Doodle Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog (cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (6/6; ends 11/12/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 11/22/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist of Grateful, Thankful, or Thanks (2/4; ends 12/2/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Thinking of you (1/5; ends 11/15/23)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 11/14/23)

Crafty Calendar Challenge: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! This fun fold is STUNNING, Carrie! I love every single detail you put into it! The paper is gorgeous! How great that you were able to piece together two card bases - genius! I need to check out the Sizzix platform now. I hate dealing with magnets. Thank you SO much for being our Guest Designer for Challenge #70. I can't wait to see your next fun fold in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! Sam Calcott is brilliant with her fun fold card designs!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully created and gorgeous!! What a fabulous fun foldThank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diane! I love to try new fun folds!

      Delete
  3. Sam comes up with the coolest designs and you've done her proud with this card! Thanks for sharing your stunning card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Sam has given me so much great inspiration!

      Delete
  4. Carrie, as Debbie said, WOW! This is one amazing fold. Love the colors and the little sentiments throughout.

    Thank you for being a guest designer for Creative Creases #70.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning fold, the colours, papers and die cuts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete