Sunday, November 19, 2023

Poppy Trifold Thank You Card

A couple days ago, I received a surprise package from a longtime friend of mine and her family back in my hometown. They sent me a lovely gift box from The Swiss Colony aptly titled "The Colossal Breakfast." Let me just say that it truly is an enormous amount of food in a giant box! It was an unexpected Thanksgiving present that came at the perfect time since I'm having out-of-town relatives arriving this Tuesday to spend a week with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. We will put it to good use! The timing made me think of the statement in a recent lecture I heard in my BSF class: "Not one molecule or millisecond is outside God's sovereign control." How gracious He is!

Of course I wanted to thank my friend and her family for their generous gift, so I made them a thank you card using some pretty floral card stock and putting into practice some coloring tips I learned from Mary Polanco in her alcohol marker class this weekend. The card base was cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and then I had fun embellishing it. I used a sentiment from the SU! Flowering Tulips set for the thank you message, and then in order to follow the theme over at the Butterfly Challenge, I stamped 2 poppies from SU! Painted Poppies set and colored them with my Ohuhu alcohol  ink markers after die cutting them with the coordinating dies. I then die cut 3 butterflies from the SU! Butterfly Brilliance bundle and added some pearls to them. I adhered all the circle layers and then the sentiments and die cuts to finish the card.  It's hard to tell in the photos, but the card stock I used for the butterflies and the thank you sentiment circle is a pale peach that matches the lightest color in the floral card stock I used for the base of the card. Hopefully this card will convey my gratitude to my friend and her family for their thoughtfulness and generosity.


Front view:


Left side close up:


Middle panel close up:


Right side close up:


Top view:


Another view of the card when open:


The card closes flat to mail:


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Poppies, layers, and butterflies (ends 11/22/23)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG or for a child (ends at the end of the month)



simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Thanks/Thanksgiving (1/5; ends 11/20/23)

The Paper Shelter: Fun folds (1/2; ends 11/23/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (ends 11/22/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Thankful (ends at the end of the month)


Allsorts challenge blog: Christmas or ATG (ends 11/24/23)

No more challenges. 

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card for a wonderful friend, Carrie! I love knowing that God has everything under His control, so all we have to do is trust that everything is for the best. No explanations needed! Thanksgiving really crept up on us so I really hope you have a blessed holiday with your family. Thank you - as always - for your wonderful fun fold creations over at Creative Creases! Hope you are back in the gallery soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! Wishing you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving, too!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely fold Carrie, such a pretty card and as a confirmed Poppyholic love the blooms and colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the first time I've heard the term "Poppyholic," but I love them, also! Thanks for your kind words, Brenda!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, gorgeous papers and butterflies, awesome design, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and fold,love the poppies and butterflies-a very thoughtful friend.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers and die cuts in your tri-fold. A stunning thank you card. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have given a whole new meaning to the word panels. I love this card. Thankyou for coming and playing with me.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mrs. A! I just love your challenges! They give me so much inspiration!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful thank you for your generous friend. Thak you for sharing with us at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet and creative card, Carrie! It made me smile. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again. xx Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lori! And Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for being a positive force in the online community.

    ReplyDelete