Friday, November 24, 2023

Starburst Photo Album

It's time for another fun challenge over at Creative Creases, and I'm back with a GD project. Please join the fun with your own fun-fold projects here: https://secretstamper.com/category/creative-creases-challenge/

I recently attended the online Scrapbooking Fun Summit, and one of the projects was a starburst photo album. I liked the concept and decided to modify it to make some mini albums using the monthly pictures my daughter-in-law Allie took of my grandson Sawyer during his first year (he's 16 months old now). I wanted to include Allie's notes about Sawyer's likes and dislikes each month, so I created a pocket behind the photos to slip a folded note card in for each month's commentary. Since Sawyer posed each month on a jungle-themed quilt a close friend of the family quilted for him, I chose matching card stock and embellishments with a jungle theme. Then I took out my container of ribbon and twine and chose a colorful assortment to tie onto the note cards so they can be pulled out easily. 

I had my daughter-in-law send me all 12 of the photos she had taken so that I could resize them and print them out. I did a print and cut of them using my Silhouette Studio software and made enough copies to do 7 albums. It was an ambitious undertaking, but I wanted to give an album to all the grandparents and great-grandparents as well as my son and DIL. Sawyer is very blessed to have so many people in his life who absolutely adore him. 

The albums weren't hard to make, but it was a time-consuming process to glue everything together. I had to reprint a few of the photos when I noticed I had glued a couple panels into the album upside down, too! I was quite careful to check each time before adhering them down after that 😄!

For the cover and backpage of the album, I designed 2 print and cut files using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I hadn't used text-to-path in awhile, so I watched a video to remind myself how to curve the text to get Sawyer's name to follow the circle shape of the sentiment panel. I chose Jeremiah 1:5 for the back panel: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Such a beautiful verse and a good reminder that God Himself forms each life in the womb, and every human being is infinitely precious to Him.  


Top view:


A look at the pages:







The front and back of the album:



The note cards for each month:


A look at the inside of a few of them:


 Challenges I'm entering:


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG or for a child (ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (ends 12/7/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Thankful (ends at the end of the month)



Doodle Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

The Paper Shelter: All About Family (11/28/23)

Creative Knockouts: Lots of layers (ends 11/30/23)


30 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Carrie, I love how you created the most wonderful keepsake for Sawyer, and the thought that you did one for the entire family is incredible! How thoughtful! I know they will treasure it always. Thank you so much for being our guest designer and hope you will be back in the gallery soon. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have the same reaction when I visit your blog: WOW! WOW! WOW! So much attention to detail and such wonderful creativity. Thanks for sharing your project with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Linda! That's so kind of you!

      Delete
  5. Wow it's gorgeous, a wonderful project I love it. The papers that you've chosen are perfect for it. And the shape for the album is very original. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Great keepsake! You used fun colors and the baby theme is one that all mothers can appreciate! Is there a tutorial online for this? I checked several on Pinterest and they led me nowhere. Thanks for sharing it with us at Mini Album Mania!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! As for the tutorial, it came from the Scrapbooking Fun Summit I attended in October, and although the summit was free, the tutorials aren't supposed to be shared publicly. I highly recommend getting on the waitlist for the summit in the spring of 2024. They have tutorials for lots of fun mini albums, so it's right up your alley! You can sign up for the waitlist here: https://scrapbookingfunsummit.com/fun/live/presentation-time-has-expired/

      Delete
  7. Fantastic project, it's a sweet and sentimental gift. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Such a fantastic gift-definitely about Family! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Shelter family.-Tia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your project is simply amazing, very creative and overall beautiful keepsakes, Carrie! WOW! Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck to you, and hope to see you again. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, Carrie...this is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous project! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful album and I love the note tags!
    Thank you for your entry at Mini Album Mania, please remember to link back to the Mini Album Mania Challenge blog.
    Hugs Rachelle
    https://minialbummania.blogspot.com/2023/11/mam-2-any-type-of-mini-album-goes-mam-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rachelle! I’m so sorry I left off the link and have added it now.

      Delete
  13. WOW Carrie! Fantastic album. The pull-out tags are genius! Can't say enough about this creation.
    Thank you for being a guest designer for Creative Creases Challenge #71 too.
    Rae in Reno, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treasure you have created, Carrie! The design is just perfect for your purpose. I love the Bible verse you chose too! Thanks so much for joining us at Mini Album Mania!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous journal project! The child will love this when they bare adults. Thanks for joining in at MAM

    ReplyDelete