I'm thrilled to be a Guest Designer over on the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog for challenge #302 today! The challenge board this time is great for fall cards but will work for many other themes as well. Here's a look at the wonderful board this time:
I chose the first row across: Orange, Die Cuts, and Fun Fold for my card, but I could also claim the diagonal from bottom to top: Pumpkins, Free, Fun Fold.
I started by choosing the fun fold I wanted to use, and I chose the 2-4-6-8 card design, which is such a simple but fun design. I wanted to make something with a Halloween theme, so I chose Halloween-themed cardstock for the fun fold base. I started with a piece of the pattern paper that was 12 by 5 1/4 inches and scored on the long side at 2, 4, 6, and 8. Then I burnished the score lines and added glue to create the panels of the card. To finish the card base, I adhered my pattern paper to a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2-inch panel of black cardstock.
Next, I die cut circles using Gina Marie Designs Stitched Circles set. Then I die cut the little jack-o-lantern (from a retired Lawn Fawn set) and ink blended him with Altenew's Cherry Sweet and Firebrick inks to try to match the reddish-orange color in the cardstock. I also die cut some candies, the Happy Halloween sentiment, and a little trick-or-treat bag using dies from Top Dog Dies (they went out of business years ago unfortunately). I ink blended the die cuts with a mix of orange inks from Altenew, again trying to match the oranges in the cardstock.
I adhered my die cuts to my circles and adhered the circles to the card panels of the fun fold. I think my grandchildren will enjoy this Halloween card. I know they will enjoy the candy I'll give them with it! 😂
I hope you will play along with the challenge over on the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog here: Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week. https://wp.me/p8FwYv-2rT
Challenges I'm entering:
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26

.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment