I recently watched a YouTube live with Altenew Ambassador and Educator Lana Tabor (see video here: Get More from 3D Embossing Folders | Altenew LIVE + $20 GIVEAWAY), and I loved her card design and decided to CASE her card with a different color scheme and a press plate set rather than an embossing folder.
I started with Altenew's Rustling Leaves press plate. I inked up the foliage groupings with Altenew's Cherry Sweet Fresh Die Ink first and then ran the plates through a second time after inking them up with Altenew's Snapdragon Fresh Dye Ink. Then I die cut them with the coordinating dies and ink blended them using the coordinating stencil. I again used Cherry Sweet and Snapdragon inks for the ink blending.
I trimmed an ink-smooshed panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches and die cut an arch out of it using Altenew's Nesting Arches die set. I die cut another arch out of gold cardstock using the arch die in Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: The Afternoon Spread project kit. Then I ink blended some Cherry Sweet ink onto a white panel and placed it behind the orange ink-smooshed panel and added the gold arch. I then die cut a smaller arch out of the orange ink-smooshed paper and adhered it onto the panel. I adhered all the layers to a top-folding white A2 card base.
Next, I arranged my die cut leaves onto the panel and die cut the "feel better" sentiment out of the same gold cardstock I used for the gold arch in the background and the shadow die from white cardstock. The sentiment is from Altenew's Warm & Cozy Sentiment Die Set. I die cut a few of the shadow layers and adhered them together for a bit of dimension on the sentiment. I adhered the leaves and sentiment to the card panel to finish the card. This one went to a friend from church who is recovering from cancer treatments.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
Challenges I'm entering:
TIME OUT Challenges: Colors of the season where you're located: I'm in Michigan, USA, so fall colors are beginning to show (3/5; ends 9/30/26) C5
Inspiration Station: My card has a fall theme like the one in the inspiration photo (4/8; ends at the end of the month)
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/30/26)
Allsorts challenge blog: Anything Autumn or ATG (2/5; ends 10/8/26)
****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (1/3; ends 10/5/26)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26




Lovely Autumnal leaves Carrie, many thanks for sharing them with us at Allsorts challenge.
ReplyDeleteB x
Stunning fall card Carrie, beautiful leaves and like the arch! Glad you shared your card with us at Allsorts challenge!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, this is such a gorgeous card! I love how delicate this die cuts out those leaves. Your arches and color choices are the perfect background too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully done with gorgeous autumn colors! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
ReplyDelete