Monday, July 20, 2026

Fuits & Florals Thanks A Bunch Card

I recently attended an Altenew Educator Workshop led by my friend Ishani S during which we made 3 cards using Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Fruits and Flowers set. This card was one of the three cards I made, and I love the bright colors!

I started by die cutting the little fruits and fruit bowl from the project kit. Then I ink blended them with a variety of Altenew inks. I arranged the fruit in the base of the fruit bowl and then adhered the front part of the bowl with liquid glue on only the edges so that the bowl looks a bit rounded and the fruit fits in nicely. 

Then I embossed a panel of navy blue cardstock using the 3D embossing folder that comes in the Fruits & Flowers kit. Next, I trimmed a piece of yellow cardstock to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8-inches and stenciled the floral image in the background using the stencil set that is also part of the kit. It's a very versatile kit with lots of great stamps, dies, stencils along with the fun embossing folder!

Once my white pigment ink was dry on the stenciled flowers, I added pearls to the flower centers and then trimmed my navy blue embossed panel the way I wanted it to be on the yellow panel. I added my fruit bowl and then 2 small die cut flowers from Altenew's Creative Cuts: In the Woods set. 

To finish the card, I stamped my "thanks a bunch" sentiment (also from the same Fruits & Flowers kit) directly onto the panel. Then I adhered the panel to a white, top-folding A2 card base. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew has many wonderful project kits like the one I used here as well as a weekly sale section with great deals. 





 Challenges I'm entering: 

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of At the Seaside (4/5; ends 7/31/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Add some text (4/5; ends 7/27/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 7/22/26)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of black and white (6/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of any holiday (7/8; ends at the end of the month)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Summer Splash (5/6; ends 8/2/26)

Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with an embossing folder and the optional twist of stars and/or stripes (2/3; ends 7/22/26)

Double D Challenges: Favorite Fruit (1/3; ends 8/2/26)

Mix It Up Challenge Blog: ATG with option of shape card (7/8; ends 8/15/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option of any holiday (unlimited; ends 8/12/26)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)


Crafty Catz: ATG (3/5; ends 7/31/26)

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26


9 comments:

  1. SO bright and very different, takes me back to life studies art classes at school (which I was just no good at), many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda! I can’t paint scenes but can arrange die cuts 😄

      Delete
  2. Bright , beautiful and original, a fabulous design for a thank you card, it really catches the eye!
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW! Look at that yummy bowl of fruit! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
    Double D Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation, love the pretty colors and wonderfully designed! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and colors, great layout, so glad you share your cards with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! I had to look up the set because I love it so much. The colors are eye catching. Beautifully done. Those bananas look real! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, this is an absolutely adorable card! Your little fruits are just too cute. I especially love how the banana has some spots on it. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday! We love seeing the adorable things you create!

    ReplyDelete