I'm delighted to be hosting Altenew's September Inspiration Challenge, and I chose a color palette with lovely fall colors. To see the card I created for the challenge post, check out this link: Carrie's Custom Cards: Altenew September Inspiration Challenge.
For this card using the challenge colors, I created a top-folding white A2 card base. Then I trimmed a panel of black cardstock to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and adhered it to the card front. Next, I used Catherine Pooler's Over Coffee ink on Altenew's Weathered Bark 3D embossing folder and ran a piece of brown cardstock through my Platinum 6 machine. The texture from this embossing folder is amazing, and it's even better when I add ink to the embossing folder so it gets in the crevices and darkens those areas. I made sure the ink was dry before trimming the embossed panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches. I adhered that panel to the card front using a piece of fun foam I had trimmed to 4 by 5 1/2 inches so it has a bit of dimension.
For the apples, I die cut the pieces to create 4 apples from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Fruits & Flowers project kit and watercolored them using Altenew's Ruby Red Watercolor Brush Marker. Then I created the branch and leaves using Altenew's Creative Cuts: Fresh Pears die set and ink blended the leaves using Altenew's Whispering Woodland Fresh Dye Ink collection. For the branch, I ink blended Altenew's Choco Hazelnut ink onto the branch. I stamped the "You are apple-solutely the best!" sentiment from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Sweet Harvest project kit and trimmed the sentiment into a banner shape. I adhered the branch, leaves, apples, and sentiment using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
TIME OUT Challenges: Colors of the season where you're located: I'm in Michigan, USA, so fall colors are beginning to show and it's apple season (4/5; ends 9/30/26) C5
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 10/14/26)
Allsorts challenge blog: Anything Autumn or ATG (2/5; ends 10/8/26)
****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (2/3; ends 10/5/26) C10
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26
.png)
.png)
.png)
The die cut apples make a lovely focal element, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge again.
ReplyDeleteB x
Thank you so much, Brenda!
DeleteBeautiful card with the background and die cut apples and leaves! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Donna!
DeleteCarrie, this is such a gorgeous and striking card! I love how those bright apples and leaves pop off that dark background. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday!
ReplyDelete