Friday, September 4, 2026

You Pasta Your Test Slimline Pop-Up Card

It's time for another challenge on the Creative Creases Challenge blog! For my DT project this month, I modified a Slimline Pop-Up Card design by Susan Campfield. The original card is a full-sized slimline, and I tried one out and loved it but wanted a smaller size for this card. Here's the video with the original card: (12) Slimline Pop-Up Card with Glow of Harvest DSP - YouTube. I just trimmed the card to 6 inches long instead of 8 1/2 and only used 3 inserts instead of 4 on the inside (I also trimmed them just shy of 2 inches instead of the 2 1/8 inches Susan used for her inserts). 

Awhile back, I purchased the Spellbinders Buon Appetito Stamp, Embossing Folder, and 2 Die Sets Bundle. I also purchased the Crafter's Companion Pasta La Vista Stamp, Die, and Embossing Folder bundle because apparently I wanted all things pasta! Both bundles came in handy when I was decorating this card to celebrate my daughter's good friend passing his watch supervisor board (they are both in the Navy, and this particular qualification is a really big achievement). I asked my daughter what theme Colin would enjoy for a congratulations card, and when she suggested spaghetti, I was excited to break out my pasta sets! The sentiments are punny, which I absolutely love!

To start, I chose my colors of cardstock. I wanted red for marinara sauce, green for pesto, brown for the meatball, and cream for the embossed pasta panels. Next, I created the fun fold card base using the red cardstock. Then I decorated the front of the card using dies from the Spellbinders bundle and sentiment stamps from the Crafter's Companion bundle. I love that the dies have the option of adding little arms and legs to the pastas, meatballs, cheese, and veggies in the set! They are so cute!

Next, I trimmed 3 red panel for the inside pop ups to 6 by just under 2 inches and scored them at 3 inches. I decided to decorate the 2 outer pop ups with cream cardstock and the center one with green cardstock. I wanted to tie in the pesto sentiments by having some green elements. I arranged all the little pasta stamps from the Crafter's Companion bundle in my MISTI and then stamped both cream cardstock and green cardstock. Then I trimmed the panels to fit the pop ups. 

I stamped more sentiments from both the Spellbinders bundle and the Crafter's Companion bundle onto green and red cardstock and decided where I wanted to put them. I then die cut some of the extra pasta shapes I had stamped onto green cardstock and arranged them near the sentiment on the bottom panel of the card. I adhered all the sentiments and pasta shapes using liquid glue and Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. 

I hope you'll join the fun by linking up your fun fold projects at Creative Creases Challenge here: Creative Creases Challenge





Top view: 


Side view:


Challenges I'm entering: 
Alphabet Challenge Blog: Just Kidding (A funny card) (1/1; ends 9/18/26)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or option of following a sketch (3/6; ends at the end of the month)

Cardz 4 Galz: #284 Interactive (Kinetic) anything: Interactive/kinetic (I have pop ups inside the card) (2/3; ends 9/16/26)

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Back to school or ATG (I chose the ATG option this time) (2/2; ends 9/16/26)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (I used scissors to cut the foam tape) (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: In Shape (I have lots of shapes of pasta on my card) (3/5; ends 9/7/26)

Creative Inspiration Challenges: ATG (2/2; ends at the end of the month)

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Die Week (2/3; ends 9/9/26) 


A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Mix It Up Challenge Blog: ATG with option of Embossing (3/5; ends 10/15/26)

Love To Craft Challenge Blog: ATG (3/5; ends 10/15/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 9/12/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/16/26)

Crafter's Cafe: ATG with option of Easel Card (3/8; ends 9/12/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Stamp it (2/5; ends 9/9/26)

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment