One of my good friends has a daughter getting married in October, so I thought I would create a wedding card for her, and a shaker card seemed like a fun, celebratory design for a wedding card.
I started with a white, top-folding A2 card base and then trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8ths and ink blended it in yellow along the edges. I then adhered this panel to the card base.
Next, I die cut the butterfly body from Papertrey Ink's Enclosed: Butterfly die set. Using the same yellow ink, I ink blended the die cut and set it aside. Then I die cut the frame several times. I used fun foam for the bottom layer and added that to my yellow body. I added some sequins and small beads as my shaker elements inside the layer of fun foam. Then I die cut a piece of acetate with the solid butterfly die and adhered it to the layer of fun foam. Then I die cut a couple more layers of the frame piece and trimmed out the word "blessed" from one. I ink blended the layer that still had the word "blessed" in it using orange ink and then ink blended the trimmed layer with pink ink and adhered that on top of the orange layer. I adhered those layers on top of the acetate to complete the butterfly shaker.
I was planning to use an ink blended background behind the butterfly, but it didn't feel quite right, so I took out Papertrey Ink's Make it Market: Out of this World kit and used a stencil from that kit. I ink blended all three colors for this month's challenge on the Papertrey Ink blog through the stencil. Then I put the butterfly shaker down on the card front to see where to stamp the "wedding day" stamp from Papertrey Ink's One Big Happy stamp and die set. After stamping the sentiment in orange ink, I adhered the butterfly shaker to the panel and adhered the panel to the yellow layer on the card base to finish the card.
Challenges I'm entering:
September 2026 Inspiration Challenge – Papertrey Ink:
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 10/14/26)
Allsorts challenge blog: Anything Autumn or ATG (4/5; ends 10/8/26)
Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 10/12/26)
613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of Bright and Breezy (5/8; ends at the end of the month)
A Place To Start: ATG with option of Relates to a Song (4/8; ends at the end of the month)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26



Very pretty card!
ReplyDeleteI like the butterfly!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!
Thank you so much, Gail!
DeleteCarrie, this is such a cool idea for a wedding card. I love the shaker element and the colors are great too! Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteA super colourful card perfect for the wedding theme. The shaker butterfly makes it very interactive and original. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.
ReplyDelete