I recently attended a Zoom with Altenew Educator Evette Jacobson where she had participants play with ink smooshing through stencils and heat embossing with just water instead of ink to hold the embossing powder. It was so much fun!
For my card, I ink smooshed through Altenew's Cascading Elegance stencil using inks from the following Altenew collections: Warm & Cozy, Cherry Blossom, Golden Sunset. I used these same inks to ink smoosh onto a couple more panels of white cardstock. I added gold embossing powder to one of the ink smooshed panels and then heat set it. The places where the ink smooshing was still wet held the embossing powder and left some lovely gold areas.
I used the ink smooshed and gold embossed panel to die cut leaves from Altenew's Crispy Leaves die set, and then I used the other ink smooshed panel without any embossing to die cut some foliage elements from Altenew's Creative Cuts: Houseplants set. I also ink smooshed a panel using inks from Altenew's Delectable Desserts ink collection and used that panel to die cut the pieces for the little planter. I assembled the pieces for the planter and decided where I wanted all the little foliage elements to go, and then I adhered everything to the panel I had ink smooshed through the stencil on. Some elements were adhered with liquid glue and some with Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. I had trimmed the panel to 4 by 5 1/4, and I adhered it to a panel of orange cardstock that I trimmed to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches. I added a couple pieces of tulle I ripped and used a spray adhesive on to add more texture to the background. I added some twine around the bottom of the panel before adhering the panel to a top-folding white card base.
To finish the card, I die cut "sending love" and its shadow from Altenew's Strong Oak Stencil Art and coordinating die set and adhered the sentiment to the card front. I die cut one layer in yellow and ink blended one layer with Rubellite ink to match the pink ink in the background and on the leaves. I die cut the shadow layer in vellum. When I stacked the die cuts, I did a slight offset so the yellow layer peeks out a bit behind the pink layer.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
Challenges I'm entering:
TIME OUT Challenges: Colors of the season where you're located: I'm in Michigan, USA, so fall colors are beginning to show (2/5; ends 9/30/26) C5
Inspiration Station: My card has a fall theme like the one in the inspiration photo (3/8; ends at the end of the month)
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 9/30/26)
simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Make your own background (2/5; ends 9/28/26)
Allsorts challenge blog: Anything Autumn or ATG (1/5; ends 10/8/26)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26






Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI am loving the pink!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!
Thanks so much, Gail!
DeleteA lovely Autumnal creation perfect for our new Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining us.
ReplyDeleteB x
Thank you so much, Brenda!
DeleteThis is gorgeous Carrie - your houseplant leaves are so pretty as is your background! Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges in our Seasonal Colours Challenge!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Kate!