It's time for another challenge on the Creative Creases Challenge blog! For my DT project this month, I modified a Slimline Pop-Up Card design by Susan Campfield. The original card is a full-sized slimline, and I tried one out and loved it but wanted a smaller size for this card. Here's the video with the original card: (12) Slimline Pop-Up Card with Glow of Harvest DSP - YouTube. I just trimmed the card to 6 inches long instead of 8 1/2 and only used 3 inserts instead of 4 on the inside (I also trimmed them just shy of 2 inches instead of the 2 1/8 inches Susan used for her inserts).
Awhile back, I purchased the Spellbinders Buon Appetito Stamp, Embossing Folder, and 2 Die Sets Bundle. I also purchased the Crafter's Companion Pasta La Vista Stamp, Die, and Embossing Folder bundle because apparently I wanted all things pasta! Both bundles came in handy when I was decorating this card to celebrate my daughter's good friend passing his watch supervisor board (they are both in the Navy, and this particular qualification is a really big achievement). I asked my daughter what theme Colin would enjoy for a congratulations card, and when she suggested spaghetti, I was excited to break out my pasta sets! The sentiments are punny, which I absolutely love!
To start, I chose my colors of cardstock. I wanted red for marinara sauce, green for pesto, brown for the meatball, and cream for the embossed pasta panels. Next, I created the fun fold card base using the red cardstock. Then I decorated the front of the card using dies from the Spellbinders bundle and sentiment stamps from the Crafter's Companion bundle. I love that the dies have the option of adding little arms and legs to the pastas, meatballs, cheese, and veggies in the set! They are so cute!
Next, I trimmed 3 red panel for the inside pop ups to 6 by just under 2 inches and scored them at 3 inches. I decided to decorate the 2 outer pop ups with cream cardstock and the center one with green cardstock. I wanted to tie in the pesto sentiments by having some green elements. I arranged all the little pasta stamps from the Crafter's Companion bundle in my MISTI and then stamped both cream cardstock and green cardstock. Then I trimmed the panels to fit the pop ups.
I stamped more sentiments from both the Spellbinders bundle and the Crafter's Companion bundle onto green and red cardstock and decided where I wanted to put them. I then die cut some of the extra pasta shapes I had stamped onto green cardstock and arranged them near the sentiment on the bottom panel of the card. I adhered all the sentiments and pasta shapes using liquid glue and Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
I hope you'll join the fun by linking up your fun fold projects at Creative Creases Challenge here: Creative Creases Challenge.
Top view:
Side view:
Challenges I'm entering:
Alphabet Challenge Blog: Just Kidding (A funny card) (1/1; ends 9/18/26)
The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or option of following a sketch (3/6; ends at the end of the month)
Cardz 4 Galz: #284 Interactive (Kinetic) anything: Interactive/kinetic (I have pop ups inside the card) (2/3; ends 9/16/26)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Back to school or ATG (I chose the ATG option this time) (2/2; ends 9/16/26) Top 3 Pick 9/17/26
Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (I used scissors to cut the foam tape) (3/5; ends at the end of the month)
simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: In Shape (I have lots of shapes of pasta on my card) (3/5; ends 9/7/26)
Creative Inspiration Challenges: ATG (2/2; ends at the end of the month)
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)
Mix It Up Challenge Blog: ATG with option of Embossing (3/5; ends 10/15/26)
Love To Craft Challenge Blog: ATG (3/5; ends 10/15/26)
Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 9/12/26)
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/16/26)
Crafter's Cafe: ATG with option of Easel Card (3/8; ends 9/12/26)
simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Stamp it (2/5; ends 9/9/26)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
--Numbers 6: 22-26
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

Carrie, this is such a fun card fold and punny sentiment. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this fortnight at CRAFT Challenge. Good luck in the draw!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Brenda!
DeleteHello, a wonderful interactive card. Thanks for choosing to share this with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz D.T
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Caz!
DeleteA great design and fun colours - love the punny sentiments. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Lynda!
DeleteThis is an amazing card!!! I love it!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PAPER ROCKS SCISSORS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
ReplyDeleteI appreciate all your kind words on my posts, Deanne!
DeleteOMGOSH what a super fun card, Carrie! Thanks for sharing at LTCCB! xoxoox
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lori! This set is just so fun!
DeleteThis is a cool fold, I love those Pasta themed die cuts too, especially the Meatball! Thanks for sharing your creative project at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your participation.
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
Thank you so much, Donna! This collection is so fun!
Delete