Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Gold Card

This card's design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #133. I had recently bought a bag of various sequins, so when I saw this sketch, I thought I would sort out some of the gold-colored ones to go with this frame. I adhered the gold frame to the 5X7 inch card with glue tape and then used micro glue dots for the various sequins and sparkles. I used the plastic sheet from a stamp set by Gina Marie Stamps and cut the verse out to layer across my sparkly stuff. I'm disappointed that my clear foam adhesive shows up so distinctly, but I'm not sure what else to use that would pop up my sentiment without showing through the clear plastic. I really wanted to use a clear background for the sentiment so the gold sequins would all show through.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch #133
Wednesday Word Art
Sassy Studio Designs DTBST #291:Sparkly
Crafting with an Attitude
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: ATG
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the gold, Carrie. It's stunning, and you did an awesome job on this amazing card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. if you get the opportunity to stop by, we would be honored to have you play along with us at CropStop as well. I'd LOVE to see your sweet cards linked there as well. Here is a link just in case you can play along:
    CropSrop
    http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-6-anything-goes/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Carrie, a super design and stunning gold combo.......a lovely sentiment with beautiful elements!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete