I started with the cute trio of monsters. These were digis I chose from Gerda Steiner Designs when I won last month's freebie progressive challenge drawing. Gerda very generously allowed me to choose any 3 digis or digi sets from her online collection, and these guys caught my eye. These are my kind of monsters! Not scary, just cute!
I imported the digis to my Silhouette Design Studio software and got busy sizing them and arranging them. They came as 3 little monsters in a row, so I had to erase the octopus-looking creature from the first set and then erase the other 2 monsters from the second set I added to my virtual mat. After that, I just needed to decide where to place the "octopus" behind the other two. I think this arrangement worked out well.
After arranging the monster trio, I got to work on the sentiment. I chose "Scary Halloween" font for the lettering. I made it orange and turned off the cut lines since I wanted to print it and die cut it instead of having each letter cut out individually on my Silhouette. I printed everything out and colored the monsters with Copic and MEXPY markers.
I used a 5X7 inch white card blank for my card base and then trimmed some black cardstock as a mat. I embossed some green cardstock with a 5X7 Cuttlebug folder and trimmed it to fit the black mat. Then I die cut the sentiment using Spellbinders Labels 33 and the image using Spellbinders Decorative Labels 25. I distressed the edges of the die cuts with a little orange ink and adhered the sentiment to the corner using a candy-shaped eyelet and my Crop-A-Dile tool. I adhered the image with foam squares to pop it up. The mat layers were adhered with glue tape.