Thursday, August 4, 2016

Cute as a Bug Card for The Outlawz

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, we twist is "Ladybug(s)." 
Our sponsor this month is Bugaboo! They have a great selection of digi stamps and digi papers you'll enjoy. Check out their store here: http://www.bugaboostamps.com They have a lot of digis with ladybugs along with a wide assortment of other themes!
For my card, I made a top-hinge card using a Spellbinder's Grand Squares die. Then I die cut a smaller size from that set and used a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square die to dust an aperture in the larger square for my shaker element. I used foam tape around the edges of the inner square to pop up my frame and acetate. I used assorted beads, plain sequins and some flower-shaped sequins I won from Paper Sweeties for the inside of the shaker. I also decorated the outside of the frame with a few of the red flower-shaped sequins and added a metallic flower I won from Quick Quotes. 

3 comments:

  1. I just love your shaker card, Carrie! That is really a magnificent flower that you won and added. I also love those little ladybugs around the edges on the white frame that you added. How did you do those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Carrie! I LOVE shaker cards, and yours is fabulous! Now I am wondering if they make ladybug sequins? Hmmm, someone should! That metallic flower is gorgeous, what a great prize!

    ReplyDelete