Monday, August 22, 2022

Dr. Digi's Dinosaur Birthday Card

 Today I had fun playing with a new cut file from a fellow Silhouette crafter named Nicky Viner. She very generously shared the file for this Circle Display Card in our FB Silhouette Card Making & Paper Crafts group, and I thought it would be a great design to use with this month's progressive challenge image over at The Outlawz challenge blog. The image this month is from Dr. Digi's House of Stamps. I digitally colored the dinosaur (I named him Pete) and added a party hat since I wanted to make a birthday card with him. My husband turns 51 this Friday, and we have some good-natured bantering going on about our ages. I happen to be almost 11 months older than he is, so he likes to tease me and make it sound like I'm so much older than he is. I thought it would be funny this year to have a sentiment that reflected just how old he made me feel when I turned 51 last year! He kept saying that while he was only 50, I was now "in my fifties." Well, he's joining me in his fifties this week, and I can't wait!


I made a few others without the specific age on them: 
The card when folded flat: 
Side view: 

Challenges I'm entering: 

Progressive freebie challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-freebie.blogspot.com): In this challenge, participants are given the digital stamp for free each month as long as they submit a project with the image before the end of the preceding month. If you'd like to join, check out the link and see the instructions. The first image is free, so why not play along? 

Monday Greetings Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-monday.blogspot.com): Birthday

Outlawz Challenges: Each project submitted for a particular challenge on the website can also be submitted for site-wide prizes at this link up

AAA Birthday: Anything Birthday Goes

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG

Challenge – Dare 2B Artzy Blog: Shaped or Fun fold cards (3/3)

digidesignchallengeblog (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.com): Add a sentiment

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: O is for Old

Creative Creases Challenge Archives - Secrets to Stamping (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carrie, Love the file!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Sandra! It's a quick and easy cut file!

      Delete
  2. That is a fun cut file and I love your colour and image choices. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card with an adorable sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracie! I'm hoping my husband gets a chuckle out of it!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous card!!
    My hubby and I have those same chats LOL as we are both 51 this year and I am 5 months older.
    Thanks for celebrating all things OLD with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! It's great to have a sense of humor about aging!

      Delete
  5. Such a great birthday fun fold card for your husband, Carrie! I know he will love the image AND the sentiment! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks for your kind words! I always enjoy your challenge and have gotten a lot of great ideas for fun folds there!

      Delete
  6. hahahahaha!!!! I've not seen this sentiment before. So perfect! Thanks for the laugh and thanks for playing with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome 3D card, the dinosaur is perfect for this card design. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, I had never heard of a file cut before and would like to know more. I wouldn't even know how to begin to color a digital. Kudos to you for this delightful fun fold and thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge. Your husband will surely get a chuckle out of the sentiment! Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Thanks so much for entering our Progressive Freebie Challenge and our Monday Greeting Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
    Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you made the age specific sentiments for this totally adorable little dino! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie this is a great shaped card. Lovely that a fellow crafter shared the file with you. Loved the sentiment and hope your hubby had a lovely birthday.

    Thank you very much for your lovely card with our freebie this month.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT For The Outlawz Progressive Freebie Challenge

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete