Sunday, October 2, 2022

Rainbow Card

The theme for the challenge at Cut it Up this time is rainbows. I wasn't sure what card design I wanted to make for the theme until I found this Papertrey Ink stamp in my stash that reads: Beyond the clouds, behind the rain, there are a thousand rainbows. That decided me! I needed more than one rainbow on my card to go with that sentiment (but not quite a thousand of them๐Ÿ˜‚), and I wanted to include sunshine (for the hope of better times ahead) along with the raindrops and clouds. I decided to make three different types of rainbows: pastel colors, primary colors, and darker colors. I'm not really sure whether I like the dark-colored rainbow, and I considered die cutting another rainbow, coloring it a bit more brightly and then adhering it over the dark one on the far right, but then I thought that it kind of matched the theme because we have times when life feels light and wonderful, when it feels just kind of ordinary, and when it feels heavy/dark, and the 3 rainbow color groupings sort of reflect that. 

I like to have a recipient in mind when creating a card so I can pray for the person to be encouraged by the card, and this time it was easy to think of someone who could use a lift. One of my cousins who lives in another state is struggling with a lupus flare on top of worsening depression (fall is always hard for her in terms of her mental health), so I wanted to make something that will hopefully lift her spirits. She isn't a Christian yet (I've been praying for her to come to Christ for years and am excited to see how God will work in her life to draw her to Himself as she recently joined a Zoom Bible study because she likes the women in the group). God's Word is the best comfort there is! I thank God for the kind woman who befriended her and invited her to join the group as well as for softening her heart to desire to attend. If you have someone you've been praying for over the course of many years, please don't give up! 

The die set I used (I wish I knew the manufacturer's name, but I didn't write it down, and I've owned the set for several years and can't remember who made it) has a cute little rainbow die that doesn't cut the rainbow out all the way so that the rainbow can stand up. Each rainbow was die cut twice: once on the blue sky cardstock and then once on white cardstock and cut out of the white so that I could color it with Copics and Chameleon markers and adhere it to the blue cardstock. The rainbows fold back down for mailing. 

I popped up the sentiment and the sun die cuts with foam tape. I've already mailed it out and am praying my cousin feels encouraged when she receives it. 









Challenges I'm entering:

Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Rainbow (1/1 entry; ends October 5; winners posted October 7)


Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (no limit; ends at the end of the month)

Colorful Options: Rainbow of colors (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (3/5; ends on October 5)

The Paper Shelter: Buttons and/or Bows (I hope rainbows count๐Ÿ˜€) (2/3; ends on October 5)


Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Punch it out (ATG with a die); Of course I was drinking some tea when making this card! I had Plum Deluxe's Ginger Delight herbal tea with Caramel Nut Pods non-dairy creamer๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Taylormadecards4u: ATG with option of Halloween/Fall (3/3; ends at the end of the month)


Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of 

                                                                1 RIBBON

 2 WORD SENTIMENT

3 LAYERS or MORE! 


The Corrosive Challenge Blog!! (corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com): ATG (1/4; ends Nov. 5)

7 comments:

  1. What a cool card! I love how the rainbows are 3D.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ this! A fun 3D card for sure. I agree that the sentiment is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge! Good luck! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card... love the variety of , sunshine, clouds and rainbow dies and so appropriate for the sentiment. You have had quite a variety of drinks you have shared and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Carrie! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge #121.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!!!! Love this design! So much fun! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card design, thanks for sharing with us at the paper shelter this week.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this design is just so clever and what a great sentiment. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Rainbow challenge.

    ReplyDelete