Saturday, June 3, 2023

Bookmark Fun Fold Card

The Butterfly Spot Challenge this time is to make a bookmark card, and since I had never made one before, I reviewed the instructions ValeryAnn posted on the challenge blog. Her card design instructions are always very detailed instructions with plenty of pictures, so I had planned to follow them this time. Then I came across a similar card that included a fun fold, and I had to give that a try! I'll like the video to the fun-fold bookmark card instructions here: Cheerful Daisies - funky fold cards and a bookmark - YouTube

I used a paper pad with a floral print for the pattern paper layers and a matching teal card stock for the card base. This is an A2 card, and I love how the bookmark on the top right holds the folds closed when the card is standing up. 

The measurements for the card are in the video linked above, and I followed those and added a decorative border to the side of the topmost fold of the card. I embossed the inner panel and used Hero Arts' Blessings stamp & cut set for the sentiment and butterfly on the inner panel. I colored the butterfly using my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol ink markers. I added some pearls in various shades of purple and then created the bookmark in pattern paper from the same paper pad as the florals. I stamped the back of the bookmark using Hero Arts' Hero Florals Tulips stamp set for the sentiment and butterfly. 




A look at the front of the bookmark:



The back of the bookmark with the stamped greeting:


The back of the card:


Close up of the embossing:


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Bookmark card, baby blue and banana colors (2/3; ends June 21) Winner 6/22/23

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com) Bingo: top row: pattern paper, die cuts, embossing (3/3; ends June 5) Honorable Mention Selection 6/4/23

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #58 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends June 9)

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: May 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: Dance of the Flowers. I used Hero Arts Blessings stamp & cut set as well as Hero Florals Tulips stamps (ends June 4)

TIME OUT Challenges: Inspiration photo: I chose the lovely vase of flowers as my inspiration. C5



No more challenges

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and awesome card fold, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, you've done it again! Created an amazing fun fold. Love your patterned paper. Thanks for playing at Creative Creases and Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie... so love the DSP you chose! Such a cheery card and the unique fold is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at TIME OUT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful card, Carrie! You've been busy, girl! I really love this fun fold. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks so much! I have been blessed with some free time to craft this past week, and you know how much I love to create fun fold cards!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful Carrie. Love the colors you chose. Thank you for playing with us for Creative Creases #58! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A different style but equally as nice. Thankyou for linking the You Tube for it and coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete