Tuesday, August 22, 2023

With Lots of Love Card

I recently purchased a Tonic Studios die set and thought it would make an elegant card to send to my aunt who is going through a difficult time right now. The die set can make a domed card, but I wanted soemthing I could mail without squashing for this card. I'll play with the domed card soon when I can hand deliver the card.

I used cream card stock and gold glitter paper for my colors and added some pretty gold glitter gems for embellishment. The pops of pink foil on the ovals were foiled with my Todo machine and the dies from the Tonic set. I put them on foam tape to add dimension to the card front. I cut three layers of card stock with Hero Arts' Prayers stamp and cut set and glued them together to create a nice sturdy base for the gold glitter paper. The "&" sign is from a Papetrey Ink die, and I cut it using the same gold glitter card stock I used for the back of the "With lots  of love" sentiment and the "prayers" die cut. The pictures don't really show how pretty it is with that touch of sparkle. 


 
Close ups of the pretty die cuts, gold glitter gems, sentiments, and some of the foiling on the ovals:






A look at the inside of the card. The butterflies were hot foiled using my Todo machine and dies from SU!'s retired Butterfly Brilliance bundle. 


Close up of the die cut sentiment and gems on the flowers:



The Todo machine I bought several years ago for $5 at a craft outlet is finally off the shelves and getting some use! I experimented with hot foiling using die cuts and embossing folders over the weekend and am so excited to get good results with them. I really struggled to get decent results with my MINC machine, and it can only foil toner-based elements. This is much more versatile. 






Challenges I'm entering: 

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite color combination: I have many favorite color combinations, but the look of cream with gold is definitely up there on my favorites list because it looks so elegant. When I'm making an anniversary card, a sympathy card, or a special card like this where I want to create something that is more sophisticated rather than cute (I love cute cards, too, don't get me wrong!), cream and gold are a great combination to use. (1/3; ends 8/23/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 8/30/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with a twist of leaves and/or trees (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (3/8; ends at the end of the month)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (3/3; ends 9/1/23)

Allsorts challenge blog: All creatures great and small or ATG (2/3; ends 8/26/23)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 8/28/23) C10 Honorable Mention 8/28/23

Snippets Playground (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): ATG with snippets (I had saved a few snippet of gold glitter card stock--I couldn't bear to throw away even small pieces of such pretty card stock!--and I used them here to create the backing for the oval sentiments on the front and inside of the card. There was enough left to also die cut the "prayers" die, too! (1/1; ends 9/2/23)

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: August 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: ATG with a Hero Arts product: I used the "Prayers" die from the Prayers stamp and cut set. (ends 9/2/23)

Dream Valley Challenges: Shaped Card (1/3; ends 9/2/23)

No more challenges

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering this beautiful card to the Snippets Playground. It’s very elegant. See you on the swings later. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and elegant, a gorgeous make. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carrie, what a gorgeous card. You can tell that it was made with a lot of love and care. Beautiful result! I hope that things will be better as soon as possible for your Aunt - you seem to be very close. Treasure each moment!

    Hugs
    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, such an elegant design. I'm sure it will be treasured by your aunt. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although not a Christmas card, for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, this is gorgeous and very intricate. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card and sure to lift her spirits. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been busy. it's really beautiful!!!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz, Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. So classy and tasteful.
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jackie! The Tonic die set does all the work on this one.

      Delete