Friday, September 15, 2023

Sweet As A Peach Card

Peach season just ended here in Western Michigan, and when I mentioned to my daughter who is in the Navy that I was canning peaches and also making peach jam, she let me know how much she missed peach season back home. I decided to make her a peach care package, and I gave her a peach jam, a spiced peach jam, a pint of canned peaches, a pint of canned pickled peaches and some homemade peach fruit roll-ups. I have found that Pringles containers will hold two jam jars and that a particular brand of bread crumbs I use comes in a container that will hold a pint jar. I add some bubble wrap around the jars before putting them in the containers, and then I also pack the box with the packaging I save from our Amazon packages to make sure everything is packed tightly and won't shift around.  I also save all my plastic grocery bags and use them to fill in any small gaps. My oldest son was in the Marines for 5 years, so I picked up some packaging tips from other military parents during that time. Pringles containers are great for shipping cookies, too! 

To go along with the peach care package theme, I knew I needed to create a peachy card of course! I found some A2 card bases with fruit on them and cut pieces of them down to decorate my 2, 4, 6, 8 card. Here's a link to the instructions for the card base: Video for a 2 4 6 8 Fun Fold Card - Patty Stamps. I chose an orange card stock for the card base and then adhered the fruit-themed pattern paper onto the base and did a print and cut of the peaches using my Silhouette Design Studio software and an SVG file from Miss Kate Cuttables. I had a set of metallic fruit stickers that included a peach with the "Sweet as a peach" sentiment, so I just stamped and cut "You are" from a Simon Hurely stamp set to add to the inside of the card with the metallic peach sticker. I added a smaller print and cut peach to the writing panel on the back of the card, and that's where I wrote my note to my daughter. Being a Navy "nuke" (she helps maintain one of the nuclear reactors aboard the aircraft carrier she's been assigned to) is a tough job, and I'm very proud of how my daughter is handling the challenges and difficulties she faces. She really is as sweet as a peach, but she's also strong, hardworking, and incredibly capable. 


I forgot to get a picture of the peach roll-ups, but here's a look at the jams and canned peaches:









Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes With A Fun Fold for Creative Creases #66 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 9/15/23)

Colorful Options: Outrageous Orange (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG Option: All that glitters (I used a metallic peach sticker that is shiny) (unlimited entries; at the end of the month)


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 9/22/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 9/27/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Make it cute (1/5; ends 9/21/23)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun fold card for your care package! I love how you made it match the content of the box. And thanks for the tips on packing! I just sent a care package to Holly. I will have to remember that for her birthday in November. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support and all you do for us!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    (By the way, the deadline for this challenge is 9/28)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank so much, Debbie! It's nice to be able to send homemade goodies when our kids are far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is one lucky person to get such an amazing peach care package.The card is fantastic and such a sweet accompaniment and beautifully made. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Colourful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! My daughter is a very special young woman!

      Delete
  5. This peachy card is adorable! And that care package. She will be so surprised. I've never had pickled peaches. I bet they're wonderful. Thank you for sharing your fancy fold creation in Creative Creases Challenge.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rae! Emily was so excited to get her package!

      Delete