Monday, January 15, 2024

Epiphyllum Feel Better Card

This is my second card using the Epiphyllum Craft-a-Flower set by Altenew, and this time, I used a 6X6 card base I created out of green cardstock. I layered a white panel with a black frame and then added a panel of sand-colored cardstock I embossed using Altenew's Bewitching Rose embossing folder. I was following the inspiration challenge photo on Altenew's challenge blog, so I chose my color scheme according to the challenge prompt. 

For the flower, I used panels I had ink blended with Stormy Skies distress ink and sprayed with water and splattered with white glimmer watercolor paint to die cut the flower petals. Then I die cut the flower center out of white card stock and then colored it with my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers. For the leaves, I die cut the packaging from an Altenew embossing folder. I liked the color and shininess of the cardstock they used and didn't want it to go to waste. I adhered the leaves to the embossed panel using Art Glitter glue and then popped up the flower using foam tape. 

The "feel better soon" sentiment is from the Build-A-Garden: Grand Carnations set and has a coordinating die I used to cut it out. I adhered it to the card with foam tape.



Close up of the flower:


This is the packaging I used to die cut the leaves:



I die cut several leaves as well as the "bloom" sentiment from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Bellflower layering die set:



Challenges I'm entering: 


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (3/6; ends 2/15/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 1/17/23)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (optional twist of snow) (1/3; ends 1/24/23)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (my leaves are die cut from a shiny card stock, and I splattered white shimmer watercolor paint on my flower petals) (1/5; ends 1/22/24)

9 comments:

  1. You used a gorgeous embossingfolder as a backdrop for the flowers. It looks lovely!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this ... what a FABULOUS design!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    BB DT
    BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene! I'm hoping it will lift the spirits of my friend who broke her collarbone and a couple ribs in a skiing accident.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love this floral and great use of packaging! Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna! I appreciate all your sweet comments!

      Delete