Monday, July 20, 2026

Floral Wreath Birthday Card

I needed a card for an elderly woman at my church who turns 85 tomorrow, so I stamped and die cut several of the floral stamps from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Literary Blooms and used the coordinating stencils to ink blend the following Altenew ink collections through them: Red Sunset, Warm & Cozy, and Whispering Woodland. Then I created a green card base that measures 5 1/2 by 11 and was scored at 5 1/2 to create a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch square card base. I arranged the floral stamps in a wreath on the card front and adhered them with Bearly Art liquid glue. 

For the sentiment, I stamped and die cut the "happy birthday" stamp from the same Literary Blooms kit and die cut extras to stack behind the stamped sentiment for dimension. I adhered the sentiment to the center of the card and finished it off by adding a few enamel dots from Altenew's Warm & Cozy Enamel Dots set. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew has many wonderful Craft-Your-Life project kits like the one I used here as well as a weekly sale section with great deals. 





 ****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (1/3; ends 7/27/26) C10

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of At the Seaside (2/5; ends 7/31/26)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with florals as the focus (1/6; ends 8/12/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Fabulous Florals (2/5; ends 7/22/26)

Crafty Calendar Challenge: Happy birthday (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! ATG with stencils (I used stencils to ink blend the floral stamps) (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Add some text (2/5; ends 7/27/26)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week: Middle row across: Any color, free, sentiment (ends 7/30/26)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 7/22/26)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of black and white (4/8; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 


 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26



6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card for the ladies special Birthday, many thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, the lovely floral wreath is beautifully coloured - such a great choice of colours.
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Stencil Fun challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Stencil Fun Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!
    I am sure it was appreciated!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, this is such a gorgeous card! I am sure that your friend at church loved it. I love the color of the flowers and how they are going in a circle that look like a wreath. That’s such a great look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete