Friday, August 28, 2026

Aerial Cable Car Card in Vintage Study Colors

What a pleasure it's been to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release! So many fun new crafty goodies to play with! For this card, I wanted to showcase the new Vintage Study ink collection, and I thought it would be perfect with the new Mountain Peak stencil set. I love that the Mountain Peak stencil set includes a mask of the mountain to make it easy to create multiple mountains on a project.  

For the background, I trimmed a 5 by 7-inch panel using cream cardstock and then ran it through my BetterPress with Altenew's new Essential Textures: Canvas Impressions Press Plate and Rosy Terra ink. I stenciled the mountain stencil twice onto the panel. I trimmed the panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches. I stamped "life is a beautiful ride" from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Tranquil Trail set onto the panel. Then I fussy cut the mountain in the front and adhered everything down to a black A2 card base, popping up the mountain I fussy cut by using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape.

Next, I die cut, ink blended and assembled Altenew's new Aerial Cable Car Layering Die set and added a few details with a white acrylic marker from Altenew's Acrylic Marker 24-Color Set vol. 1. I added the cable car and cables to the card and tucked the cable car just slightly behind the mountain in the front. 

To complete the card, I added 3 of Altenew's Black Onyx Gem Sparkles around the sentiment. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew has many wonderful Mini Delight sets like the one I used here as well as a weekly sale section with great deals. 




Challenges I'm entering: 

Cut It Up: Transportation (1/3; ends 8/31/26)

Creative Knockouts: Use your favorite embellishments (I love gems for embellishments to add some sparkle!) (3/3; ends 9/3/26) C10

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 9/12/26)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of layers (5/5; ends 8/31/26)

Krafty Chicks Challenge: Masculine (2/3; ends 9/1/26)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 8/28/26)

 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:22-26


4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous take on our transportation theme! I love the cable car traveling through those gorgeous mountains, and the colors give the whole scene such a wonderful vintage feel. The dimension you created by tucking the cable car behind the front mountain is such a great detail, too. And that sentiment couldn’t be more perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Julia!

      Delete
  2. Love the colours you've used.
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete