I've been creating more 6 by 6 cards recently, and I really enjoy the extra space to design with compared to A2 cards. I generally need non-machinable stamps on my cards anyway due to the foam tape I like to add to everything, so sending a square card doesn't add any extra cost to what I'm used to paying anyway.
For this 6 by 6 card, I trimmed a piece of 12 by 12-inch white Spellbinders cardstock to 6 by 12 and scored it in half to create a top-folding 6 by 6-inch card. Then I trimmed a piece of silver metallic cardstock to 5 7/8 by 5 7/8 inches and die cut some of the silver pieces for the card out of the center of the panel so it wasn't wasted. Then I trimmed a piece of shimmery blue metallic paper to 5 3/4 by 5 3/4 and embossed it with the embossing folder from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Magnificent Magnolias project kit. I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the top of the 3 vases so I could add my silver flower stems through them.
I die cut the petals from the August 2026 Craft-A-Flower: Coneflower set out of watercolor paper I had painted with Lindy's Magicals. I layered them up and then added the silver die cut flower centers using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. Then I decided where I wanted to put the flowers and leaves and adhered everything using a mixture of Instant Dimension Foam Tape and liquid glue. The Coneflower set will be available for purchase on Altenew's website starting August 6th.
I struggled with where to add the die cut "love you" sentiment from Altenew's August 2026 Craft-Your-Life: Painterly Perfection kit before deciding on the vase on the far left. That kit will also be available on August 6th.
To finish off the card, I added silver splatters using Altenew's Antique Silver Shimmer Relief Paste mixed with a little water.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here:
Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
Challenges I'm entering:
Allsorts challenge blog: Colors of Summer or ATG (4/5; ends 8/14/26)
Beautiful work. Love this blue card.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in again at Allsorts. xxx
Thank you for all your kind comments, Sarn!
DeleteVery pretty, great colors, too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Triple B Co-Owner
Thanks, Diane!
Delete