Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Embrace the Journey Aerial Cable Car Card

Today I am thrilled to be part of a hop on Instagram for Altenew's August release. If you'd like to hop along for a chance to win gift cards to Altenew, check out my Instagram account @carriesheridan.70 for more information. 

This card features many of the new release products: Mountain Peak stencil set, Tranquil Reflections ink collection, and Aerial Cable Car Layering Die Set. I created a black A2 card base and then trimmed a piece of cream cardstock to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 and stenciled the mountains twice. Then I stenciled them again on another sheet of cream cardstock and fussy cut areas out to add to the bottom of the card panel with Altenew's 1/8th inch Instant Dimension Foam Tape. 

Next, I created a couple of the cable cars by die cutting them out of white cardstock and ink blending inks from Altenew's Sea Shore ink collection before assembling them and deciding where I wanted to place them on my card panel. 

Before adhering the cable cars, I stamped "Embrace your own journey" from Altenew's Dotted Pinwheels stamp set using Altenew's Obsidian Pigment Ink. Then I adhered the cable cars using the 1/16th inch foam tape so I could tuck one of the cars slightly behind the mountain I popped up using 1/8th inch Instant Dimension Foam Tape on the bottom right of the card. 

To finish the card, I adhered the stenciled panel to the black card base and added 3 Smoky Quartz Gem Sparkles. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 







Challenges I'm entering: 

A Place To Start: ATG with option of no rectangles (7/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG (7/8; ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Colors of Summer or ATG (3/5; ends 8/14/26)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (3/4; ends 9/3/26)

Cut It Up: Add a Sentiment (3/3; ends 8/17/26)

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Die Week (3/3; ends 8/12/26)



Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game!: ATG with stencils (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6: 22-26

5 comments:

  1. Love the pop of color from the cable cars! This is terrific, Carrie. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome stenciled card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    Stencil Fun Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design, Carrie. It brought back memories of a cable car ride I went on in the Dolomites in June. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete