Saturday, August 22, 2026

One Go: Sweet Pumpkins Birthday Card

My husband's birthday is coming up next week, and so I broke out Altenew's One Go: Sweet Pumpkin bundle to make his card. This bundle is similar to the Craft-Your-Life kits in that it has a stamp set, a coordinating stencil set, an embossing folder, and a die set. You can purchase the elements separately, but it's nice to have them all since they coordinate so well. 

I started by creating a top-folding white A2 card base. Then I stamped the pumpkins and leaves (one large stamp stamps out 9 pumpkins and 14 leaves all at once) using Chamomile ink from Altenew's Golden Sunset ink collection onto light orange cardstock for a tone-on-tone look. Then I used the coordinating stencil set to ink blend the pumpkins and leaves. I used Golden Sunset inks and Milk Chocolate ink from Altenew's Delectable Delights ink collection for the pumpkin stems. After I was finished ink blending the stamped images, I die cut them with the special die in the set that die cuts all the pieces at once. So quick and easy! 

I decided to do a white-on-white background so I could follow the challenge prompt at Die Cut Divas, so I trimmed a panel of white cardstock to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches and embossed it with Altenew's Pumpkin Patch 3D embossing folder. I glued it to the front of the card base.

Then I die cut and embossed the fence from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Rustic Charm project kit and cut it in half because I only wanted the fence to come partway across the front of the card. I added the fence to the card using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape so it stands out a bit from the pumpkin patch behind it. 

Next, I arranged a few of the pumpkins and leaves and added them to the fence using both liquid glue and more foam tape. 

To finish the card, I used Altenew's Raised Sentiments 3D embossing folder and embossed "happy birthday" onto a strip of white cardstock. I then trimmed the sentiment in half and added some Sunray ink (the lightest in the Golden Sunset ink collection) to it. I adhered it to the card using foam tape. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Challenges I'm entering:

The Diva's that cut ....paper!: Let's Celebrate White With a Splash of Color from Birch Press Designs: white on White with a splash of color (3/4; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 9/2/26)

Allsorts challenge blog: Embossing or ATG (I used 3 embossing folders on my card: Pumpkin Patch, Rustic Charm for the fence, and Raised Sentiments) (4/5; ends 8/28/26)

Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with an embossing folder with the option of bees (I used 3 embossing folders on my card: Pumpkin Patch, Rustic Charm for the fence, and Raised Sentiments)(1/3; ends 9/9/26)

Inkspirational: Garden (unlimited entries; ends 8/28/26)


{Cupcake Inspirations}: In the Garden (1/3; ends 9/12/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Going Round in Circles (I hope my circular pumpkins count, but remove if not) (1/5; ends 8/26/26)

Ellibelle's Corner: Ellibelle's Garden Party: Anything in or from a garden (2/5; ends 9/7/26)


No more challenges.


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26




17 comments:

  1. What an awesome card ... great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the pumpkins really stand out against the white background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Embossing option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card in just two colours...I like it that you did not use extra colours!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the orange pumpkins against the white. Your embossed background and use of fence is fabulous. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful dimensional orange pumpkins, Carrie - so pretty against the die cut fence and pretty embossed background - both in white! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a terrific embossed card. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, what a great card, so much to see and everything done so well. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity of your card with the white embossed background! Welcome pumpkin season! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun pumpkin themed birthday card, perfect for an autumn birthday! Thanks so much for sharing again at my Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete