Monday, August 10, 2026

Pitcher Vase of Coneflowers for Altenew August Release

I'm delighted to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release, and this card features the new Craft-A-Flower: Coneflower die set from the release. Each month, Altenew releases a new Craft-A-Flower die set featuring their keyhole system that makes assembling the die cuts a breeze. This set creates 5 different flowers along with stems and leaves. I had so much fun with this set!

For this card, I created a white A2 card base and then trimmed a panel of watercolor paper I had watercolored with Altenew's Lagoon Gouache from their Strolling Through New York Artists' Gouache set to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8. I embossed the panel using the embossing folder from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Painterly Perfection project kit to give it some good texture. I added Altenew's double-sided adhesive sheets in the new 4 1/4 by 5 1/2-inch size to the back of the watercolored and embossed panel and trimmed off the excess adhesive before adhering the panel to the card base. 

Next, I die cut the flowers out of some watercolor paper I had sprayed and splattered with yellow inks. I die cut the leaves and stems out of white cardstock and ink blended them with inks from Altenew's Whispering Woodland ink collection. I die cut the flower centers out of rose gold cardstock. I assembled the flowers and then decided how I wanted to display them. I thought they would look pretty in a pink pitcher vase, so I die cut one of the pitcher vases from Altenew's Pitcher Vases Complete Bundle and embossed the pitcher with the coordinating embossing folder. I used watercolor paper I had ink smooshed with pink inks for the pitcher. 

I arranged the flowers and stems in the pitcher vase and taped them down to the back of the pitcher so they would stay where I wanted them. I decided where I wanted the leaves and adhered them directly to the Lagoon panel. Then I popped up the vase and flowers using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. 

For the sentiment, I stamped "sending hugs" from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Softly Sketched Blooms set onto white cardstock and trimmed it to fit where I wanted it on the card front. I added a layer of the same rose gold cardstock I used for the flower centers behind the sentiment and adhered the layers together. Then I added more of Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape to the back of the sentiment strip and adhered it to the card front. 

To finish the card, I added a few Bubblegum Dreams Enamel Dots near the sentiment. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. Altenew products used on my card: Coneflower CAF-Pitcher Vases Complete Bundle-Softly Sketched Blooms BAG-Painterly Perfection CYL-Whispering Woodland FDI-Bubblegum Dreams Enamel Dots-Strolling Through New York Artists' Gouache Lagoon-4 1/4 by 5 1/2 Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets 







Challenges I'm entering:

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fun folds (6/6; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of no rectangles (5/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG (5/8; ends at the end of the month)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (4/5; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (6/6; ends 8/12/26)

Allsorts challenge blog: Colors of Summer or ATG (1/5; ends 8/14/26)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (1/4; ends 9/3/26)

Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with an embossing folder with option of "Tie it Up" (1/3; ends 8/19/26)

We Love to Create mixed media Challenge Blog...sponsored by Polkadoodles: ATG (3/4; ends 8/21/26)

Cut It Up: Add a Sentiment (1/3; ends 8/17/26)

Ellibelle's Corner: Ellibelle's Garden Party: Anything in or from a garden (3/5; ends 8/10/26)

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Die Week 



I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

6 comments:

  1. I love how you added your color to the flowers and vase! Bright, happy colors too! Thanks for sharing this pretty creation with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only flower I like more than coneflowers are sunflowers! I love these dimensional florals and all the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna! I love sunflowers, too!

      Delete
  3. This card is sooooooooo creative!!!! Well done!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete