I just love Altenew's Winterberry Poinsettia 3D embossing folder! It has a coordinating stencil, and I used that for my card here:
Carrie's Custom Cards: Winterberry Poinsettias Christmas Card if you'd like to see what it looks like when ink blended with the stencils. For this card, I went with embossing pattern paper and then going over the embossed areas with white pigment ink. I love the soft look that created on the pink woodgrain pattern paper.
This card base started as a normal side-folding A2 card base, but I trimmed off a portion of the card front so that the inside of the card peeks out on the right side. Then I trimmed my embossed panels and adhered them to the front and inside of the card.
Next, I die cut Altenew's Poinsettia Layering Die Set out of white cardstock and gently folded the petals for some dimension. I assembled the layers and then die cut the center out of the same pink woodgrain patter paper I used for the embossed background. I added that to the flower and adhered the flower to the card front with Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape, taking care not to add any of the foam tape on the right side of the poinsettia where the card front is trimmed off (otherwise I would have glued the card shut).
I die cut and embossed a bow from Altenew's Elegant Bows bundle and added it to the poinsettia. Then I stamped "Faith is at the heart of the holidays" from a retired Altenew set called "Blessings" onto the pink woodgrain pattern paper using VersaMark ink and white embossing powder. I heat set the sentiment and trimmed it before adhering it to the poinsettia.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here:
Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful embossing folders, stencils, project kits, inks, and die sets and has weekly sales.
Challenges I'm entering:
Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge: ATG with pattern papers (ends at the end of the month)
Double Trouble Paper Crafting: Thing 1: 3 of something from my stash (3 Altenew products: Winterberry Poinsettias EF, Elegant Bows EF and Die Set, and Blessings stamp set) 2 of something from my stash (2 inks: white pigment ink and VersaMark) 1 of something from my stash (1 pattern paper) Thing 3: I used foam tape and also layering of my die cuts for this card (3/4; ends 8/30/26)
Allsorts challenge blog: Embossing or ATG (I used heat embossing and a couple 3D embossing folders for this project--the Winterberry Poinsettia EF and the Elegant Bows EF) (4/5; ends 8/28/26)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26
A gorgeous card, so pretty in pink!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth, Love Those Pretty Papers and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Peace On Earth , Love Those Pretty Papers and Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner
Carrie, this is such a beautiful and elegant card. I love the white poinsettia with that pink background. It looks like it’s a really fun fold too! And thanks so much for sharing that beautiful scripture at the bottom of your post. It’s one of my favorites and always blesses me! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Barb! I love that passage so much!
DeleteAnother beauty and it shows your versatility too. Love the colours and choice of folder, and flowers. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble, Johanna DT
ReplyDelete