Friday, August 7, 2026

Blue Roses Triple Fold Reveal Card for Creative Creases #118

It's time for a new challenge on the Creative Creases Challenge blog, and I have a card where the pattern paper is the star! I have so much pattern paper that I will never be able to use it all in my lifetime! Can anyone relate?! For this card, I used a paper pad from Stamperia called Timeless. I paired it with a fun fold card design by Connie Stewart of Simply Simple Stamping and will share a link to her video here: 🔴 Triple Fold Reveal Card Tutorial | Easy Card Within a Card Idea. Connie always shares a pdf of the measurements on her website, and you can find this one here: Triple Fold Reveal Card Tutorial: Easy Card Within a Card Idea - Simply Simple Stamping.

I chose a few different papers from the Stamperia paper pad and paired them with a solid blue cardstock from my stash. I trimmed and scored the blue cardstock to form the base of the card and the base of the mini card adhered to the right side of the card base. Then I decorated them with the pattern papers following Connie's instructions. Once I had all the pattern papers adhered, I chose a few sentiment stamps and a floral die set.

For the front flap, I stamped "you have a beautiful smile" from Altenew's Billowing Peonies stamp set. I die cut it with Altenew's Nesting Circles Die Set and die cut the next bigger circle out of the same blue cardstock I had used for the card base. I adhered the sentiment circle to the solid blue circle and added them to the front flap. Then I added a few enamel dots from Altenew's Cherry Blossom Enamel Dot set. The lightest color in the set is more ivory than pink, so I liked how they matched the pattern papers. 

For the inside flaps, I chose sentiments from Altenew's Bouquet of Poppies stamp set: "keep on shining," "miss you," and "hugs." These are perfect for my youngest daughter who is still deployed on an aircraft carrier in the Middle East. I have been sending her weekly care packages with homemade meals I've freeze dried for her and a handmade card in each box for the past 6 months. Sometimes I make cards for her shipmates, too. It feels good to do something while we eagerly wait for her return.

To decorate the inside panel of the card where I will write my message, I die cut Altenew's Cute Open Rose die set and assembled the flower and leaves on the bottom right portion of the inner panel. I used the same ivory lace pattern paper I used on the mini card attached to the right side of the card base for the rose's center and leaves. 

I hope you'll play along on the Creative Creases Challenge blog where it's always anything goes with a fun fold project: Creative Creases Challenge

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful embossing folders, stencils, project kits, inks, and die sets and has weekly sales. 










Challenges I'm entering: 

Ellibelle's Corner: Ellibelle's Garden Party: Anything in or from a garden (ends 8/10/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fun folds (2/6; ends at the end of the month)

The Sisterhood of Crafters: Flowers (2/3; ends 8/8/26)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of no rectangles (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Summer Blooms (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (4/6; ends 8/12/26)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Heart's Quest for Shaped Cards and Tags: ATG with shaped cards or tags (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Triple B: ATG with birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting: 3 layers, 2 colors, 1 sentiment (minimum requirements) (1/3; ends 8/16/26)

Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge: ATG with pattern paper with option of Coastal (1/3; ends at the end of the month)


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26





 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and creative fancy fold!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms, The Sisterhood of Crafters, Triple B and Love Those Pretty Papers!
    Diane BB, TSH DT
    Love Those Pretty Papers, Triple B Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carrie, this card is beautiful! I love the papers you used, and the fun fold is always a winner for me. Thanks for the inspiration! And congrats on the educator certification at Altenew! Well deserved for your excellent and gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Carrie! All the fun layers - it's a beautiful surprise at every turn! That DSP is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete