Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Creative Cuts: Lemon Tree Love You Card

It's such a thrill to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release, and I really enjoyed creating with all the great new products, including this Creative Cuts: Lemon Tree set. 

To start this card, I created a white A2 card base. For the next layer, I die cut Altenew's Alhambra Mosaic Cover Die out of kraft cardstock and trimmed it to fit the front of the card. I adhered it down to the white card base. 

Next, I die cut the pieces for the lemon tree and pot. I used watercolor paper and Altenew's Tree Bark and Paper Bag Watercolor Markers for the tree, Moss Watercolor Marker for the leaves, and Primary Yellow Gouache for the lemons. I added more yellow using one of Altenew's alcohol ink markers from the 4 Scoops set. The pot was die cut from watercolor paper I had ink smooshed with blue watercolor from Altenew's Prussian Blue watercolor tube from the Palette Perfection Watercolor Tube Bundle. 

I assembled the tree and pot and added them to the die cut background using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. To finish the card, I die cut and adhered the "love you" sentiment using  dies from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Painterly Perfection kit and the same blue watercolor paper I die cut for the pot along with some vellum scraps for the shadow layers of the words. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Challenges I'm entering:
Double D Challenges: Lemons (1/3; ends 8/31/26)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 9/12/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 9/2/26)

Ellibelle's Corner: I spy with my little eye: Sunflowers or Something Yellow (2/5; ends 9/13/26)

Cardz 4 Galz: Kraft and Blue (1/3; ends 9/2/26)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of layers (1/5; ends 8/31/26)

The Creative Crafters: ATG (1/3; ends 9/8/26)


No more challenges. 

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26




6 comments:

  1. Amazing lemon tree card! I absolutely love love the look of the blue pot. So realistic. So glad that you joined I the fun at Double D Challenge.
    Barbara DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing design with the lemons, gorgeous background and just beautifully created! Thanks for sharing again at I spy with my little eye challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ellibelle! I appreciate all your sweet comments!

      Delete
  3. such a cute lemon tree card - thank you for using C4Galz as your inspiration

    ReplyDelete