Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Creative Cuts: Lemon Tree Hello Card

As a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release, I had so much fun creating with the release products, including this Creative Cuts: Lemon Tree set. The set includes dies to create a lemon tree in a pot along with a "hello" die and its shadow and a "squeeze the day" sentiment strip die. 

For this card, I started by creating a top-folding white A2 card base. Then I created a background for my tree by using Altenew's Essential Textures: Stone Wall Press Plate with gray ink. I trimmed the panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 and set it aside.

For the tree, I die cut the leaves out of a green panel I had colored with green alcohol inks. The tree trunk and branches I die cut out of brown cardstock. Then the lemons were die cut from a watercolor panel I had watercolored using Altenew's Primay Yellow gouache from the Strolling Through New York Artists' Gouache set. The pot was die cut out of watercolor paper I had ink smooshed with pink inks. I used the same pink panel to die cut the shadow for the "hello" sentiment and die cut the "hello" sentiment out of the same yellow watercolor paper I had used for the lemons. I die cut a few extra word shadows and stacked them together for a bit of dimension. 

To finish the card, I arranged my lemon tree and pot against the stone wall background and adhered it with Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. Then I added the sentiment to the top left of the card to finish the card. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Challenges I'm entering:
Double D Challenges: Lemons (2/3; ends 8/31/26)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 9/12/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge; ends 9/2/26)

Ellibelle's Corner: I spy with my little eye: Sunflowers or Something Yellow (3/5; ends 9/13/26)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of layers (2/5; ends 8/31/26)

The Creative Crafters: ATG (2/3; ends 9/8/26)

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Alcohol ink and/or summer + a sentiment (my leaves were die cut from alcohol ink backgrounds I had created with green alcohol inks) (3/5; ends 9/1/26)


No more challenges. 

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26


No comments:

Post a Comment