Friday, August 7, 2026

Canvas Impressions Press Plate Card

Yesterday Altenew launched their August release, and I'm thrilled to be a Guest Designer for this release! It was so fun to play with all the great new products! 

I often forget the beauty of simplicity as CAS is definitely not my usual cardmaking style, but this simple card turned out to be one of my favorite cards for the August release. I wanted to showcase the beauty of the new Vintage Study ink collection, so I ink blended all four shades in the collection over a panel I had embossed using the new Essential Textures: Canvas Impressions press plate. I love the depth of the impressions I get when I emboss with press plates. 

After creating my embossed ombre background panel, I die cut a frame using Altenew's new Nesting A2 Panels die set and black cardstock. Then I die cut some foliage from Altenew's EZ Arrangement: Garden Mix die set and ink blended the foliage with the same 4 inks I used to create my background panel. 

For the sentiment, I used Altenew's new One Go: Solid Circular Sentiments with Altenew's Obsidian Pigment Ink and die cut all the sentiments at once with the coordinating die. I chose the "just a little reminder that you are awesome" sentiment since I'm sending this card to my daughter who is currently deployed and can use a bit of encouragement as she's been at sea since last November and has had her deployment extended 4 times already. Plus, I may be slightly biased, but she really is awesome! 😄

I wanted my sentiment and foliage to stand out a bit from the background, so I die cut another rectangle using the same Nesting A2 Panels die set and some vellum and decided where I wanted to place it. I chose the bottom left of the panel and added the sentiment and foliage to the vellum with Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape behind the sentiment. Then I adhered the vellum panel to the background panel using more foam tape behind the part covered by the sentiment. I added the black frame using more foam tape and adhered the darkest die cut foliage piece to the top right side of the frame to finish the card. 

I hope you will check out Altenew's new release on their website as it's full of great new products including 3 new ink collections. And if you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Here's a list of the products I used for this card: Essential Textures Canvas Impressions Press Plate-Vintage Study Fresh Dye Ink collection-EZ Arrangement: Garden Mix Layering Die Set-One Go: Solid Circular Sentiments Press Plate and Die-Nesting A2 Panels Die Set-Obsidian Black Pigment Ink.






Challenges I'm entering: 
A Cut Above: ATG with dies with option of fall flowers (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: monochrome (1/5; ends 8/12/26)

TIME OUT Challenges: Monochrome and CAS (1/5; ends 8/18/26) C5 

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fun folds (3/6; ends at the end of the month)


No more challenges. 

 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful ombre ink shading to create this monochrome type design. Love the vellum and sentiment square. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
    Vicki - ACA Owner

    ReplyDelete