Sunday, August 9, 2026

Softly Sketched Blooms Art Studio Treasures Card

I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August release! I used a lot of the new release products on this 5 by 7 card. 

I started with a black 5 by 7 card base. then I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 4 7/8 by 6 7/8 and used Altenew's Canvas Impressions press plate to emboss it. Then I ink blended an ombre effect on the panel using Altenew's new Highland Flora inks. I adhered the panel to the card base and set it aside.

Next, I stamped and stenciled the floral stamp from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Softly Sketched Blooms set and ink blended it using the coordinating stencils and the same Highland Flora inks along with Whispering Woodland inks for the leaves. I die cut it using the coordinating die in the set. 

I die cut the elements from Altenew's Art Studio Treasures Layering Die Set and ink blended them with the same Highland Floral inks. I had fun adding a little of the ink to the miniature Petal Palette and to the ends of the little paintbrushes. 

I adhered the pieces of the easel together and added the floral onto the easel to look like a piece of art someone was painting. Then I used the new One Go: Circular Sentiments Press Plate with Obsidian Black Pigment Ink and created a bunch of sentiments that I die cut with the coordinating die. I chose "wishing you all the best" and adhered it to the card front to finish the card. 


If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 







Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fun folds (5/6; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of no rectangles (4/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG (4/8; ends at the end of the month)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Summer Blooms (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (5/6; ends 8/12/26)

The Sisterhood of Crafters: Flowers (3/3; ends 8/9/26

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Monochrome (2/5; ends 8/12/26)


 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6: 22-26

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous colors, images and scene. You're so creative Carrie. We're delighted you've shared this lovely card with us at The Paper Funday and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges; we hope to see more soon. Also, we have a new challenge you may consider joining sometime, it's The Pick 3 Challenge and we hope to see you there in the future!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've achieved lovely depth of colour on your pretty card, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete