Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Christmas Concertina Card

This Christmas concertina card comes from a free SVG file over at The Bearded Housewife. Here's a link to the blog post about it: How to Make a Christmas Concertina Card - The Bearded Housewife. I used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut out the file. 

The original file is for an A7 card, and I made a set of cards in that size for the shut ins at my church. I also resized the file to make an A2 version. I really wish I would have had more of the card stock I used for the A2 version because I love the contrast with the poinsettia pattern and the lovely red pattern, but unfortunately I only had a few sheets of that card stock and had to use some other Christmas card stock for the large set of cards. 

I stamped "Christmas Blessings" on the front of the cards (I think the stamp is from a Just Rite stamp set) and I also added some holly leaves and berries to the inside sentiment panel using tiny stamps from a Lawn Fawn Christmas set. I used a Close to My Heart stamp for the inside sentiment: "A baby, a manger, a bright and shining star; a shepherd, an angel, three kings from afar; a Savior, a promise from heaven above--The story of Christmas is filled with God's love." I really like the poem because it focuses on the motivation behind sending Jesus to earth: God's love for sinful humans and His mercy and compassion on us. God chose to offer us a way to be reconciled to Him through faith in Jesus' perfect life, sacrificial death, and resurrection. What a gracious, loving God He is!

A2 size card:



Here's a look at the inside of the unfolded card: 


Here's the back of the card:



A close up of the sentiment panel (I used dies to cut out the sentiment panel and the mat behind it, but I don't remember the brand of die): 


Here's a look at the size difference between the original A7 file (far left) and the resized version (middle and far right): 


A7 version:


Inside of A7 version:


Back of A7 version:



The set of cards for the shut ins at my church:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Creative Knockouts: Time to be Merry (3/3; ends Nov.30) C10

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: Monochromatic (my A7 set of cards are monochromatic); (1/3; ends Nov. 30) C10



The Paper Shelter: Winter Celebrations (2/2; ends Dec. 7)


https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (4/5; ends Dec. 7)

Word Art Wednesday (1/5 for this week; ends Dec. 7)


Dream Valley Challenges: Lots of layers (1/3; ends Dec. 10)

No more challenges

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really stunning group of Christmas cards, Carrie. Perfect inside sentiment as well! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I really love this wonderful holiday fun fold card! I am always envious at the types of cuts you can get from your Silhouette cutting machine. I am inching slowly to the thought of getting one LOL! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What gorgeous, original cards! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete