Friday, November 18, 2022

Season's Tweetings Mini Slimline Card

 My final mini slimline card for today comes from Call Me Crafy Al's April 2022 Sheet Load of Cards design. It's listed as a fun fold card because the card is scored off center so that there's a bit of the inside of the card that shows on the right side when the card is folded shut. Her design had designer paper only on the edge that shows, but I decided to put DP down to cover the entire side of the interior so I could write a message there.

I chose some cute DP with poinsettias and holly on it and cut green card stock to make the mini slimline card base. Following Crafty Al's instructions, I scored the card off center so that the front panel is shorter than the back panel. I then embossed the card based using a Cuttlebug EF called Holly Ribbons.

I used a free digi from Create A Smile and colored it with Copics before popping it up with foam tape. Then I made a greeting using the Bee Kind Display font in my Silhouette Design Studio software. I did a print and cut of the sentiment and then cut out some green card stock for the mat behind the sentiment. The original card design had the sentiment placed a little differently, but this design worked better for me. For the interior, I used a Spellbinder holly die and white card stock and then colored it with Copics. 















Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Coffee, tea, or cocoa theme; Thing 3 use a pun (I hope the play on words with Christmas "tweetings" instead of "greetings" counts); Thing 3: enter the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (I used a holly die cut, so I'm also entering the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!)

Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #11 - Holly: I used a holly die cut, design paper with hollies on it, and a holly EF


Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Kid-friendly holiday cards 


Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Hot Beverages (3/3; ends Dec. 4)



9 comments:

  1. Such a super cute card and I love the patterned paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the orientation. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge and the blog hop too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another slimline fun fold and love the pretty embossing inside... beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the creative fold on this! Cute image and the pattern paper is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun & fabulous design ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    PS ... are you aware we also have an EMBOSSING FOLDER challenge? Here's the link: Can You Handle the Pressure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a festive holiday card, Carrie! I really love the cute image and the great texture from the embossing folder. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little birdie is the cutest! Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges. Doni

    ReplyDelete