Friday, April 5, 2024

Wooden Rowboat Birthday Card

My soon-to-be son-in-law has a birthday coming up, and since he loves hiking, kayaking, and other outdoor pursuits, I thought I'd make a boat-themed birthday card for him. I used Altenew's Wooden Rowboat die set and die cut all the pieces out of the same color of light tan card stock from my paper scrap stash. Then I used different shades of brown to do some ink blending on the pieces to create the different shades you see on the boat. 

After assembling the boat, I created the card base using pattern paper that I thought looked kind of like waves. The idea for this fun fold card design comes from Connie Stewart's Side Step Card tutorial here: ðŸ”´ Side Step Card: The No-Fail Tutorial To A Fabulous Fun Fold (youtube.com)

I added a few stamps to the front and back of the card on more scraps of that same light tan card stock I used for the boat. The "Wishing you happiness today and every day" stamps are from Altenew's Paint-A-Flower: Waterlily Dahlia set, and the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on the back of the card is from Altenew's CYL: Bewitching Rose set. I really like the dark blue and brown color scheme for a masculine card. 


Close up of the boat:


Side view:


Back of the card:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #79 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold 

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Happy Birthday (1/5; ends 4/10/24)

Creative Knockouts: Happy Birthday (1/3; ends 4/11/24) C10

Art Impressions Blog (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Pop it up (I used foam tape to pop up the boat) (1/2; ends 4/10/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 4/10/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of adding one or more flowers (2/8; ends at the end of the month)



Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 4/19/24)

No more challenges. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie, I know that he will love this card! That boat is so cool! I have never seen one like that. Great background paper, as well. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support, as always!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting card. Love the rowboat. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfectly personalized! I love it - the colors are great - and that row-boat is amazing! Love the side-step, too! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at the Creative Creases Fun Fold Challenge! Hope you’ll come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Carrie and love the dimension on the boat…great papers too 💙

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! My soon-to-be-son-in-law loved it!

      Delete