Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Fall Brick Wall Card





This card was inspired by a Mary Polanco class I recently took that had a fall theme. The technique she shared for this card was a spotlight technique that creates a bit of a glow by using 3 shades of distress inks through a stencil and leaving the diagonal middle section of the card blank. I started by doing the stenciling and then adding a bit of splatter with my Altenew watercolor brush markers to the center strip where I didn't do any stenciling. Then I ink blended some leaves I had die cut from a retired SU! bundle called Love of Leaves. I added the leaves to the card panel and then stamped "I'm praying for you" using an Our Daily Bread rubber stamp. 



 Challenges I'm entering:


TIME OUT Challenges: Friendship/encouragement/support (2/5; ends 9/12/24) C5

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Stamp it! (4/5; ends 9/11/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Stamp it! (4/5; ends 9/16/24)


Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils; optional twist of fall (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the coloring on that brick wall Carrie!! Beautiful Fall card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darlene! I had a lot of fun with this technique!

      Delete
  2. Love the stencilled brick wall Carrie and your lovely falling leaves! Thanks for joining our friendship/support theme at Time Out Challenges, always great to see you in the gallery!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out)!

    ReplyDelete