Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Garden Rose Sympathy Cards

Sadly I've been needing more sympathy cards than any other type of card lately. Thankfully I just purchased Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Garden Rose die set and was able to put it to good use creating these two cards. 

I used pearlescent cream card stock for the flowers, vellum for the leaves, and black card stock for the flower centers. After die cutting and assembling the flowers, I chose how to place the vellum foliage for each card and added glue strategically so it wouldn't show once I adhered my flowers in place using foam tape. I heat embossed the "Heartfelt Sympathy" sentiment (from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Bewitching Rose set) and added that using foam tape, too. I feel like the one with the black card stock background is better for a sympathy card, and I think if I do the cream-on-cream colors again that I will use that for a wedding or anniversary card. Every card is a learning experience, isn't it? 





 Challenges I'm entering: 

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): With Sympathy (4/4; ends at the end of the month)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (5/6; ends 9/12/24)

8 comments:

  1. I think both cards are lovely sympathy cards! That really is a great die for a lovely floral arrangement-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely and sure to bring comfort to those in need. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, and best of luck in the draw!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenges
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so beautiful, love the vellum leaves! Thanks for joining us this September at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I need to use vellum more often! I love the look of it but usually forget to use it!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the design of your first card and contrast between the flower and the dark background. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month. Arlene, DCD

    ReplyDelete