Saturday, December 17, 2022

Lawn Fawn Feel Better Card

One of my friends recently had 2 surgeries and is having another one next month, and now she has a cold. I thought I'd send her this cute little feel better card using Lawn Fawn's On the Mend stamp and die sets and their "Feel Better" border die. I like their border dies because they can fit across the entire length of a card or be trimmed to fit smaller sections. 

I recently won a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn and ordered the "Feel Better" border die and the "On the Mend" dies to match the stamp set I already owned. When my order came, I was delighted to find 3 pieces of card stock, some cute twine, and a "Howdy" stamp included as little gifts in my package. I love when companies add surprises like that! I decided to use the pretty card stock they included for the pieces I needed to follow the sketch on their Lawn Fawnatics blog. 

This is a very CAS card for me. I often do elaborate fun fold cards, but this one is just a quick card that came together easily and could be mass produced for people on my church's prayer list or anyone else who has a cold or the flu. I explain how I used my MISTI to stamp my die cut pieces below. 







Add the piece with the negative die cut areas to a sticky mat (MISTI sells them, but this one is a Tim Holtz one) and place inside the MISTI. Then add the stamps into the negative spaces to align them and press the top down to get the stamps to stick to the top of the MISTI. Then start adding in the die cut pieces:







Ink up the stamps and press down on them to stamp all the die cuts and then peel the die cuts from the sticky mat. I did seven sets of die cuts quite quickly using this method, it was much easier than trying to die cut pieces I had already stamped:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Sketch Challenge 



Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): Unlimited entries; ends Jan. 11

Challenge – Dare 2B Artzy Blog: CAS (1/3; ends Dec. 31)

Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG (3/6; ends Jan. 1)

Crafty Calendar Challenge: ATG (2/3; ends Dec. 27) I would love to win another Lawn Fawn gift certificate!
 

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! I love the pattern paper and the little bug! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable design! Great idea! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win and love your CAS card! I enjoyed reading your blog post, too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete