Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Pastor Appreciation Card

October is Clergy Appreciation Month, and I wanted to make a special card for my pastor. He has faithfully served our congregation for 32 years and recently announced he will be retiring next August. How we will miss him! But at age 73, he deserves to retire and enjoy more travel and time with his family. 

For the card design, I used a design I recently saw Einat Kessler create at the Stress-Free Holiday Card Summit. I found the same design on her YouTube channel from back in 2017, so I can share the link to that tutorial here: (1) 12 Cards of Christmas 2017 - Horizontal Pop Up Card. CHECK OUT LIMITED TIME OFFER IN DESCRIPTION! - YouTube. Although Einat demonstrated the card design using Christmas themes, it's an easy fun fold card to make and can be adapted for any occasion.

After choosing the card design, I looked through my pattern papers to find some Christian-themed papers to layer on the card. Then I also created a print and cut of the sentiments and sized everything up to fit the card. I added more layers than Einat's card had, but like I said, this design is easy to adapt. 

I didn't leave myself anywhere on the card to write a message, so I included a note in the envelope. It's a blessing to have such a humble, godly man leading our church, and I pray he feels loved and appreciated all year long and not just in October. 




Front of the card when lying flat:


Inside of the card:


Top view: 


Back of the card:



Challenges I'm entering: 
 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #68 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 10/27/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of autumn colors (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 10/23) C10

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Text it (4/5; ends 10/23/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends 10/25/23)

Dream Valley Challenges: More than one fold (3/3; ends 10/28/23) C10

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 10/30/23)

No more challenges. 

16 comments:

  1. Carrie, what great patterned paper. Your pastor will be pleased. I am pleased that you entered it at PIP and CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pastor needs encouragement as much as his flock does! He sounds like a wonderful shepherd and he will be touched by this card I'm sure Carrie. God bless, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vicky! And you are so right about pastors needing encouragement!

      Delete
  3. What a great card to send to your pastor, Carrie! It's perfect for him and I'm sure he appreciated the fun fold, too. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, you are such a thoughtful person. Your pastor will miss you as much as you miss him. This card is perfect to send him on to a new chapter.
    Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge this round.
    Rae, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
    Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Neva! It's a fun design to make.

      Delete
  7. Lovely card! I am sure the pastor appreciated it! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - I'm sure it wa appreciated.

    Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete