Thursday, October 26, 2023

Sending Love & Hugs

I happen to be good friends with my daughter-in-law's mom, and she is facing hip replacement surgery next month and feeling concerned about it due to the complications of her Stiff Person's Syndrom (a rare autoimmune disease). She also has 2 forms of lupus and though she is only in her mid-40s, she lives with chronic pain. She is a strong Christian, so I thought I would make her a card to share an encouraging verse and lift her spirits as she awaits her surgery.

I started with a step card base that is a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store. I cut it out of white card stock using my Cameo 4 and then designed the panels to layer on it using the Silhouette Design Studio software. I chose some woodgrain pattern paper to match the graphic over at Altenew's Challenge blog. 

For the floral focal point, I die cut and embossed some white cardstock using Altenew's Bewitching Rose embossing folder and then used the coordinating stencils to color in the embossed image. I used red, pink, and orange as my color palette to match the challenge photo. I really love the depth the stenciling gives the image! I adhered the floral focal point using foam tape to give it some dimension and stamped the "Sending love and hugs" sentiment directly on the woodgrain pattern paper. The sentiment is from the Bewitching Rose stamp set. 

For the inside of the card, I cut more woodgrain pattern paper and did a print and cut of the verse on orange card stock. Then I used Altenew's Proud of You stamp and coordinating stencil to add the flower on the inside of the card. I fussy cut it since I don't have the matching die. 

Finally, I added an orange panel to the back of the card for my message to my friend. If you are facing a challenging situation right now, I pray you will take comfort in Psalm 34:4: "I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." God is faithful and trustworthy and will be with you no matter what you are facing. 





Close up of the embossing and stenciling:


Inside of the card laid flat:


Back of the card:


 Challenges I'm entering: 




Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends 11/1/23) Top 3 Pick 11/8/23

Allsorts challenge blog: Fall colors or ATG (2/3; ends 10/26/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star Pick for 10/30/23-11/3/23

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 11/2/23)

Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Add a sentiment (1/3; ends 11/1/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (7/8; ends at the end of the month)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil; option of orange (1/3; ends 11/4/23)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focal point with optional mood board: (1/6; ends 11/12/23)

22 comments:

  1. Another beautiful center step card, Carrie! I love the pretty flowers in the center. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty floral stepper card Carrie and sure it will be well received by the lady, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card fold and beautifully designed! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pink with the fall oranges and browns! Gorgeous and such a wonderful card design with the lovely die cuts! So happy you shared with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and such a thoughtful gift for her to display while she is recuperating. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and sharing your lovely card with us.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carrie, this is so so pretty! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Darlene! The stencils did most of the work for me on this one!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness Carrie, this card is lovely! The colors are so brilliant. I'm just starting to get into stenciling more. I just love the look. I'm sure your mother-in-law will love and, and appreciate your support. As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday this month, I just wanted to stop over and say thank you for joining us this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, stencils can be so much fun! I especially love ones that come in a set like this where there's a coordinating stamp set, embossing folder, and die.

      Delete

  8. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - love your colour combination.

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Carrie. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for linking this beautiful creation to Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete