Saturday, July 20, 2024

You Are Tree-Mendous Card

 I wanted to create a special thank you card for the mother of one of my good friends who baked some frosted sugar cookies for me recently. I should have taken a picture of the red, white, and blue popsicle shaped cookies she made because they were so beautiful, but I forgot and ate all the cookies before it occurred to me! 

For the card, I started by choosing some pink, orange, and yellow water color card stock that I had ink smooshed, sprayed, and/or watercolored. I know those aren't traditional colors for trees, but they are the challenge colors this month over on the Altenew blog, and I thought they would be very pretty and feminine for this card. I used Altenew's Chestnut Tree layering die set to die cut the tree. After I die cut all the layers, including some ink smooshed browns for the trunk, I assembled the tree and then embossed a panel using Altenew's Rolling Hills 3D embossing folder and trimmed it for an A2 card. I had an A2 card base in my stash that has just the right colors to match the tree, so I adhered the embossed panel to the card base and then added the tree with foam tape for dimension. For the "You aer tree-mendous" sentiment, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to create a print and cut of the sentiment and then added it to the tree with Art Glitter glue. 






Challenges I'm entering: 



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of layers (3/5; ends 7/22/24)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 7/31/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Flowers or ATG (2/3; ends 7/26/24) Top 5 Pick 7/26/24

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of floral delight (ends at the end of the month)


The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of critter crazy (1/4; ends at the end of the  month)

No more challenges. 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the tree looks beautiful in the colours you've used and I love the embossed background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossingfolder is gorgeous and the tree is just beautiful in front!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and what a fabulous layered die too. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sarah! I love this die set!

      Delete
  4. This is a cool dimensional tree set, I love those Autumn colors. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so much! Altenew makes such great layering die sets!

      Delete
  5. It's beautiful, Carrie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The colours are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embossed background truly elevates your design. Nicely conceived and executed! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete