Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Southern Magnolia Sympathy Card

One of my cousins lost a good friend recently, so I wanted to make her a special sympathy card. I die cut one of the flowers from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Southern Magnolia set using water color card stock I had ink smooshed, water colored, and/or sprayed and a stem and leaves from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Cosmos set using Yuppo paper I had colored with alcohol inks. 

For the background, I trimmed a white panel to fit an A2 card base, and then I embossed the panel using Altenew's Garden Harmony 3D embossing folder. I ink smooshed some water color inks I had added to a piece of acetate using Altenew's water color brush markers. Once that was dry, I added the flower, stem, and leaves using Art Glitter glue and foam tape. 

For the sentiment, I heat embossed "with deepest sympathy" from Altenew's Build-A-Flower: Columbine onto vellum and then adhered the sides of the vellum behind the panel. Then I adhered the panel to an A2 card base. 

To finish the card, I added three little hearts onto the vellum strip. 



Close ups:




These are the colors I used for the ink smooshing on the background:




 Challenges I'm entering:

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): Flowers (3/3; ends 8/4/24) C10

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (optional twist of things with wings) (1/3; ends 8/9/24)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (3/4; ends 8/9/24)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week: Middle row vertical: Die cuts, free, any sentiment


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for week 2; ends 7/31/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Beautiful Blooms (3/5; ends 7/31/24)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star July 29-August 2

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Top Rocker July 28-August 4; July Honors 8/4/24

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (6/6; ends 8/12/24)



14 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the sentiment on the vellum! Glad you joined us at TTC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And an other one, and very pretty too!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Another BEAUTIFUL creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card of condolence Carrie. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again this month!
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenges
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - great background and I love the sentiment on the vellum too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossom Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Carrie! Sorry for the tardy comment! Your card is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start! Congratulation on your selection as one of our July 2024 Rising Stars!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog, Chana! And I appreciate being chosen a Rising Star!

      Delete
  7. So beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanne! Hope you have a crafty day, too!

      Delete