Friday, August 2, 2024

Double Side Flap Card for Creative Creases #88

It's time for a new challenge over on the Creative Creases Challenge blog, and I'm back as a Guest Designer with a card design I saw in the Silhouette Card Making & Paper Crafts FB group. The designer of the cut file I used is Sabine Harris. Thanks, Sabine! 

If you'd like to join the fun over at Creative Creases, please share your fun fold creations here: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bTl.

Once I had the card design chosen, I picked out some birthday-themed card stock for the layers and coordinating card stock for the base and set to work cutting all the pieces with my Silhouette Cameo 4. Then I assembled all the layers and glued everything down before stamping the "Let's celebrate" sentiment (from SU!'s retired Splendid Thoughts set) and die cutting it using a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval die. If you are interested in finding a great deal on retired Stampin' Up! bundles, check out my friend Debbie's sale here: My 2024 Secret Sale - Google Docs

For the back of the card, I die cut the "happy birthday" with retired Papertrey Ink dies and glued them down along with a balloon die cut for decoration. I liked the look of the balloon and decided to die cut more balloons for the inside of the card. I used some black metallic thread for the balloon strings. 

I then decided I wanted to add just a little something more, so I did some fussy cutting of the raccoon's hat and the monkey's heart balloon from another scrap of the card stock. I adhered those with foam tape to give a little dimension to the front of the card. 

This card is great for showing off several patterns of card stock as there's a lot of areas to decorate. I feel like the Echo Park and Photo Play card stock did the hard work for this card and I just added a few touches to finish it off. It's going to be my husband's birthday card later this month, so I want it to be extra special 😊. 







Top view:


The back of the card:



Close up of the fussy cut balloon:


Close up of the fussy cut hat:


The back with the flaps closed:



A look at how the card unfolds inside:







All the flaps:





Challenges I'm entering:

Art Impressions Blog: Never Have I Ever Challenge #384 Week #1 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Never Have I Ever (Use a stamp or die you haven't used before): I have had these balloon dies in my stash for AGES but hadn't used them before this card! (1/2; ends 8/14/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; ends 8/13/24)


The Paper Shelter: ATG (1/2; ends 8/20/24)



Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: let your happiness shine by creating your project using cheerful images, happy colors, and sweet sentiments. Be sure to tell us in your post what item you believe most contributed to the happiness vibe of your card.  My card features a "happy birthday" theme and uses bright, cheerful colors. Thing 3: Entered the If You Give A Crafter A Cooke challenge (1/3; ends 8/16/24)

If You Give a Crafter a Cookie...: Be Happy (ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ 4-legged friends (1/5; ends 8/6/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Season's Delights or ATG (1/3; ends 8/9/24)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of hot colors (1/3; ends 8/8/24)







 

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your GD spot!
    Fabulous card, and great fold!
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is just the coolest fun fold - I love all the layers! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us as a Guest Designer this week at the Creative Creases Fun Fold Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, what a great fun fold, and love the Birthday theme throughout with the variety of papers and embellishments. Thanks for sharing your fun birthday to us at Double Trouble and If you Give a Crafter a Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute with the animal images! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing folds, Carrie. Something I've never even attempted. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! It's easier than it looks.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your GD spot. Great card, I love the fold. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, and great fold to show off the papers together (excellent photos too, hard to do sometimes!) Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melanie! I definitely am not great at staging pictures!

      Delete
  8. I think you have achieved your goal of creating an extra-special birthday card! Love all of the elements and those wonderful papers. Thanks for joining the Addicted to Stamps & More Birthday challenge!
    Cathy ATS&M- DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fun fold! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, thanks so much! I really enjoy fun fold cards!

      Delete
  10. Yowza! That's a lot of folds. Definitely fun and creative! The paper is so cute Carrie.

    Thank you for being a guest designer for Creative Creases too!

    Rae

    ReplyDelete